Friday, April 26, 2019 (opens in a new window)
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
We do not know what our future holds. But we do know God loves us and cares for us. He sends people into our lives who love us and whom we love. With the care from God, and the community we are given, friends and family to love us, there is no telling what we can do. Lord, help us to follow you like Saint John Baptist de la Salle, and to help continue his legacy here at DeLaSalle. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 3:30pm Golf: Boys Varsity Match vs. Breck @ Columbia Golf Course
- 4:00pm Tennis: Boys JV Match vs. Humboldt @ St. Paul Humboldt H.S.
- 4:00pm Track: Varsity Meet vs. @ Hamline University
- 4:30pm Baseball: C Game vs. Hill-Murray @ Brooklyn Center High School
- 4:30pm Baseball: JV Game vs. Hill-Murray @ Brooklyn Center High School
- 4:30pm Softball: JV Game vs. Armstrong @ Zachary Park
- 4:30pm Softball: Varsity Game vs. Armstrong @ Armstrong High School
- 7:00pm Baseball: Varsity Game vs. Hill-Murray @ Parade Stadium
In today’s news…
Current 9th, 10th, and 11th graders have the opportunity to serve and learn at local Minneapolis and St. Paul service organizations. Students will break into groups and serve at various locations including Sharing and Caring Hands, Open Arms, Crisis Nursery, Second Harvest, Benedictine Health Center, House of Charity and more. Projects include preparing and serving meals to the homeless, playing with kids at Crisis Nursery, packaging food for distribution, connecting with the elderly, hosting bingo for adults with developmental disabilities, and more.
20 Christian Service Hours will be earned over the course of three days.
The Service Days are:
*Students must be present all three days from 8:00am-4:45pm.
Cost: $40 (includes project supplies, grab&go breakfast, snacks, transportation, day 3 lunch and Skyzone)
• Payment due Monday, May 6th to Pam Smith in the business office
• Financial aid available, see Ms. Stecklein if the cost is prohibitive
Questions: Contact Nicole Stecklein at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-676-7608