Thursday, April 25, 2019 (opens in a new window)
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Lord, sometimes your words in the gospels seem almost impossible to believe. Turn the other cheek? Love our enemies? Sell all we have to give to the poor? And yet we know you give us the grace and help to do what you ask of us for a greater good. Help us to be generous, like Saint John Baptist de la Salle, in following you. Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- TBD Golf: Boys Varsity Match vs. Concordia Academy
- 3:30pm Golf: Boys JV Match vs. Breck @ Columbia Golf Course
- 3:45pm Golf: Girls JV Match vs. Fridley High School @ Majestic Oaks Golf Club
- 3:45pm Golf: Girls Varsity Match vs. Fridley High School @ Majestic Oaks Golf Club
- 4:00pm Tennis: Boys JV Match vs. St. Anthony Village @ St. Anthony Village HS
- 4:00pm Tennis: Boys Varsity Match vs. St. Anthony Village @ St. Anthony Village
- 4:15pm Softball: JV Game vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Bryn Mawr
- 4:15pm Softball: Varsity Game vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Bryn Mawr
- 4:30pm Lacrosse: Boys JV Game Breck vs. Minnehaha Co-op @ Minnehaha Academy South Campus
- 6:00pm Lacrosse: Boys Varsity Game Breck vs. Minnehaha Co-op @ Minnehaha Academy South Campus
In today’s news…
- “Love Them First: Lessons from Lucy Laney Elementary School”: Thursday, April 26, 4:00pm at St. Anthony Main. Sign up here.
Throughout the week and into May, every department will be sharing information about the Founder through special prayers, activities, personal stories and historical perspectives.
Current 9th, 10th, and 11th graders have the opportunity to serve and learn at local Minneapolis and St. Paul service organizations. Students will break into groups and serve at various locations including Sharing and Caring Hands, Open Arms, Crisis Nursery, Second Harvest, Benedictine Health Center, House of Charity and more. Projects include preparing and serving meals to the homeless, playing with kids at Crisis Nursery, packaging food for distribution, connecting with the elderly, hosting bingo for adults with developmental disabilities, and more.
20 Christian Service Hours will be earned over the course of three days.
The Service Days are:
*Students must be present all three days from 8:00am-4:45pm.
Cost: $40 (includes project supplies, grab&go breakfast, snacks, transportation, day 3 lunch and Skyzone)
• Payment due Monday, May 6th to Pam Smith in the business office
• Financial aid available, see Ms. Stecklein if the cost is prohibitive
Questions: Contact Nicole Stecklein at: email@example.com or 612-676-7608
Have you signed up yet? Don’t delay, do it now: Sign-up
Do you want to volunteer? There are multiple shifts and jobs to fit anyone’s ability and availability from 9:00p to 4:30a. Check it out here: Volunteer
Consider making a donation in the form of a gift certificate, merchandise from your company, or monetary donation to be used to purchase prizes. If you would like to show your support, please send your gift to the school office – c/o “All-night Senior Graduation Party Donations” or drop off prizes in the donation box in the office.