Friday, April 12, 2019 (opens in a new window)
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Dear Lord, You are our protector, You are our guardian and defender. You are courage. You are our haven and our hope. Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
In today’s news…
- Mass will take place on Tuesday, April 16, 23, & 30 at 8:00am. The chapel is located in Christian Brothers Hall.
The ACLU Summer Advocacy Program (July 20-26) brings together high school students from across the United States to participate in a firsthand learning experience for the next generation of social justice advocates. During this week-long program in Washington, DC, students participate in electives and seminars led by lobbyists, community activists, lawyers, and ACLU experts to enhance their knowledge of civil liberties, social justice issues, and advocacy campaigns. The Close Up Foundation – a DC based civic education non-profit – partners with the ACLU to provide substantive experiential learning and small group discussion opportunities throughout the program. To read more about the program, please visit the ACLU website.
- The application can be found here.
- Applications are due by April 14.
- Financial Aid is available (full and partial scholarships).
- High school-aged students who are 15-18* years old are welcome to apply. *High school graduates are eligible to apply for the Advanced Advocacy Program.
Please reach out to ACLU at 703.706.3555 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Service Days are:
*Students must be present all three days from 8:00am-4:45pm.