Tuesday, April 9, 2019 (opens in a new window)
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Dear God, I know that sometimes I forget to praise You. I know my faith weakens and I even doubt You when things are particularly bad. But, in the end I am always grateful that You love me unconditionally and see to it that I rise to a new day. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 4:15pm Baseball: C Game vs. Bloomington Kennedy @ Frank Quilici Field at Shingle Creek Park
- 4:15pm Softball: Varsity Game vs. Columbia Heights High School @ Bryn Mawr
- 4:15pm Track & Field: All Meet @ St. Croix Lutheran
- 4:30pm Baseball: JV Game vs. Bloomington Kennedy @ Kelly Fields
- 4:30pm Baseball: Varsity Game vs. Bloomington Kennedy @ Red Haddox Field
In today’s news…
- Mass will take place on Tuesday, April 9, 16, 23, & 30 at 8:00am. The chapel is located in Christian Brothers Hall.
Students and families may travel on their own to the college fair. DeLaSalle will provide free transportation to and from the event. Please RSVP here by Friday, April 5 if you choose to use DeLaSalle transportation. The bus will leave from the front of DeLaSalle at 6:15pm; after the event, the bus will depart from Benilde-St. Margaret’s at 8:30pm and return to De by 8:50pm.
The ACLU Summer Advocacy Program (July 20-26) brings together high school students from across the United States to participate in a firsthand learning experience for the next generation of social justice advocates. During this week-long program in Washington, DC, students participate in electives and seminars led by lobbyists, community activists, lawyers, and ACLU experts to enhance their knowledge of civil liberties, social justice issues, and advocacy campaigns. The Close Up Foundation – a DC based civic education non-profit – partners with the ACLU to provide substantive experiential learning and small group discussion opportunities throughout the program. To read more about the program, please visit the ACLU website.
- The application can be found here.
- Applications are due by April 14.
- Financial Aid is available (full and partial scholarships).
- High school-aged students who are 15-18* years old are welcome to apply. *High school graduates are eligible to apply for the Advanced Advocacy Program.
Please reach out to ACLU at 703.706.3555 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Service Days are:
*Students must be present all three days from 8:00am-4:45pm.