The Islanders finish the regular season ranked first in Minnesota Class AAA with a 22-5 overall record, capturing the Tri-Metro Conference championship. With a section championship win over Waconia, the Islanders advanced to the Class AAA state tournament, where they are attempting to win the 24th Minnesota State title in school history (12 titles in Catholic or Independent tournaments from 1920-1974, and 11 since joining the MSHSL in 1975) and seventh title in the last eight years.
Find information here about tournament tickets from the Minnesota State High School League.
- #1 DeLaSalle 76 – Bemidji 45
- Afternoon transportation routes will leave from the front of DeLaSalle following the game at 12:45pm
- Read the Star Tribune game story here
- Thursday, March 21, at 12:00pm, at the Target Center
- #1 DeLaSalle 93 – #4 Princeton 54
- Afternoon transportation routes will leave from the front of DeLaSalle following the game at 3:10pm
- #1 DeLaSalle 63 – #2 Waseca 56
- Quarterfinals- #1 DeLaSalle 68 – #8 Minneapolis Roosevelt 25
- Semifinals- #1 DeLaSalle 98 – #5 Minneapolis Patrick Henry 47
- Final- #1 DeLaSalle 78 – #3 Waconia 63
Congratulations to the DeLaSalle girls’ basketball team, who captured their first state championship since 2013, finishing with an overall 24-5 record and winners of Section 4AAA. The Islanders advanced to the state tournament for the third consecutive year and their tenth state berth in the past 14 years. DeLaSalle concluded the regular season as undefeated Tri-Metro Conference champions and ranked third in the final state rankings (Class AAA) of February 27.