Friday, February 1, 2019
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Trust in the LORD and do good,
that you may dwell in the land and be fed in security.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will grant you your heart’s requests.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 4:15pm: Girls’ C basketball @ St. Croix Lutheran
- 4:15pm: Boys’ C basketball vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ DeLaSalle
- 5:00pm: Varsity/JV wrestling meet vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ Columbia Heights
- 5:30pm: Girls’ JV basketball @ St. Croix Lutheran
- 5:30pm: Boys’ JV basketball vs St. Croix Lutheran @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Girls’ varsity basketball @ St. Croix Lutheran
- 7:00pm: Boys’ varsity basketball vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ DeLaSalle
- 7:45pm: Boys’ varsity hockey vs. Southwest Christian @ Chaska Community Center
In today’s news…
Those interested in helping us plan events for the week should come to a meeting today at 7:30AM in the Lasallian Ministry office. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Rogers or Ms. Stecklein.
Here are the events for Monday:
- Out of Uniform: Class Theme
Students in each class may dress in a specific theme: seniors may wear denim; juniors may wear camouflage, sophomores may wear neon, and freshmen may wear flannel.
We will gather for our Catholic Schools Week-Winterfest Pepfest after 8th period on Monday. Come ready to show your school spirit and compete for the spirit stick!
- Freshman Frozen Four, 3:30-6:00pm, Florance Center
The Islander Welcome Crew and Student Council present a brand new Winterfest kickoff event for ninth graders. Students will prepare sandwiches for Sharing & Caring Hands; learn four games that will be played again at lunches during Winterfest week, learn the school song and other new cheers, and enjoy the company of classmates over pizza!
Click here to find more Catholic Schools Week/Winterfest information.
Please review the following information from the Student-Parent Handbook regarding Out-of-Uniform expectations for next week:
During Homecoming or Winterfest week, students may dress according to the designated theme days without purchasing a wristband. If students do not wish to participate, they must wear the school uniform. Out-of-Uniform Day attire must be modest, clean, and in good condition according to the following:
- No halter-tops, tank tops, tube tops, or bare midriffs.
- No hats or other head coverings; head coverings can be worn for medical, cultural or religious purposes.
- No backpacks, purses, or other bags other than the DeLaSalle drawstring bag.
- No sunglasses.
- No ripped or torn clothing of any kind.
- Any printing on shirts may not mention or suggest the use of alcohol, tobacco, illicit drugs, or be profane or offensive.
- Shorts and skirts must reach the top of the knee. Yoga or any similar style pants are not permitted.
- Clothing must not contain hate speech or images or language that is inconsistent with DeLaSalle core values.
- Sandals are not permitted. Dress code violations on Out-of-Uniform Days will be reported to the Dean of Students.
Out-of uniform attire is subject to the approval of the administration. Students who do not meet the above guidelines will be required to change attire or wear a school-loaned uniform, and further school consequences may apply. Parent(s) will be notified when repeated violations occur.
All students and staff are invited to have their throats blessed by Father Bruno on Monday, February 4 during lunches in the Schulze Learning Lab.