Thursday, November 29, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Holy Lord, Thank You for grace. Please help me move beyond the hurdles that trip me up and give me the strength and wisdom to look up and see the hope I run toward in Christ. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 7:00pm Hockey: Girls Varsity Game vs. Robbinsdale Armstrong @ Minnehaha Academy Ice Arena – South Campus
In today’s news…
We invite students and staff to contribute in 9th and 10th grade Theology Classes and 11th and 12th grade English Classes. Money collection is daily and begins today and runs through Friday, November 30. Thank you in advance for your generosity.
We will shop after school on Friday from 3:15-5:30 p.m. Christian Service hours WILL NOT be awarded for this event.
We want you to have an enjoyable and distraction-free Out-of-Uniform Day this Thursday. Before coming to school, please ensure that your attire meets the following guidelines.
According to out-of-uniform rules, attire must be modest, clean, and in good condition according to the following:
- No halter-tops, tank tops, tube tops, crop tops, low cut tops or bare midriffs;
- No hats or other head coverings unless they are worn for religious, cultural or medical reasons;
- No backpacks, purses, or other bags other than the DeLaSalle drawstring bag;
- No sunglasses;
- No ripped or torn clothing of any kind; (This includes jeans/pants)
- Any printing on shirts may not mention or suggest the use of alcohol, tobacco, illicit drugs, or be profane or offensive;
- No clothing items that include graphics that discriminate against a person or group based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, gender, or gender identity, sexual orientation, age and disability or disease; (Please pay close attention to athletic attire that may contain mascots that others would find offensive)
- Shorts, dresses, and skirts must reach the top of the knee.
- Yoga or any similar style pants are not permitted; leggings are permitted as long as the student is wearing a dress, top or skirt that reaches the top of the knee.
- Sandals, including Crocs, are not permitted.
If you are unable to follow the guidelines mentioned above you will need to change into a DeLaSalle uniform for the remainder of the day.
If you would like to know more about Cheer Team financial obligations, practices, attendance expectations, etc, please take a look at the 2018-2019 Cheer Information Packet. Please email Coach Veronica with any questions.
For the most updated version of tryouts and practices, please see the DeLaSalle Athletic Website.
Please email Mr.Buffington with any questions. email@example.com
- Complete the Parent Senior Ad Order form and return it with payment to Ms. Bryson-Tucker in the IT Office or the Deans in the Main Office.
- Order online at www.balfour.com.
You may design the ads yourself or have the yearbook staff design them. Please send photos and text you may want in your ad to firstname.lastname@example.org and a proof will be emailed to you to approve. Parent Senior Ads are due by Friday, November 30. Any order received after November 30th will be accepted based on availability and subject to a 10% late fee.