Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
O Blessed Trinity, we thank you for having graced the Church with
Saint Pope John Paul II and for allowing the tenderness of your fatherly care,
the glory of the Cross of Christ and the splendor of the Spirit of love to shine through him.
He has shown us that holiness is the necessary measure of ordinary
Christian life and is the way of achieving eternal communion with you.
Grant us, by his intercession, and according to your will, the graces we implore, through Christ our Lord. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- University of Denver: 1:30pm – 2:30pm
- Jesuit Excellence Tour: 6pm – 7pm
- American University: 12:55pm – 1:55pm
In today’s news…
A special thank you goes out to Ms. Kristin Lundstrum, Liam Brubaker ’19 and many volunteers from our LEAP (Lasallians for Equity and Peace) club who dedicated their time and talents to preparing the school for diversity week. Please honor them by showing the greatest respect for the signs and posters throughout the school.
- 12 Angry Jurors Thursday, October 25 – 6:15-9:00 p.m.
On a hot summer day after a long trial, 12 jurors must decide whether to convict a man for murdering his father. One juror holds out on a conviction and a unanimous verdict is the only one that convicts.
We invite you to bring a framed picture of your loved one with a post-it note on the back with your name and your loved one’s name to Mr. Rogers in the Learning Center (D-105) so we can remember our loved ones who have died. We prefer that your framed photo be wallet sized, 4×6, or 5×7.
- Patience Akok
- Ava Krocheski-Meyer
- Amaya Rambacchus
- Finn Smith
- Kristen Stauffer
- Robel Zewdie
- When: Wednesday, October 24, 2018
- Time: 5:00pm – 7:30pm
- Where: LL Gray Gym
- Who: Tryouts are open to all 9 – 12 Graders (boys and girls)
- What: Please wear shorts and a t-shirt, gym shoes and have your hair pulled back out of your face. We will teach you all of the skills you need to know at tryouts – stunting, dance, jumps, and cheer. We want to see any tumbling you have, but you will not be scored on it! Please review the DLS Cheer Information Packet for expectations, time commitment, and other information. If you have questions, please contact Program Director, Veronica Pettini, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seniors are invited each Friday in October to gather in the college advising office (B102) after school to work on their college applications. During October Madness 4 Seniors, counselors will be on hand to help and answer questions as well as provide some nourishment to get students through the late afternoon. Seniors are encouraged to come, stay, and enjoy a relaxed and supportive atmosphere with their friends and work on their applications together! This is a great way to make progress toward November 1 deadlines.
- DeLaSalle students and families are invited to meet with representatives from Jesuit colleges as part of the Jesuit Excellence Tour. Representatives will be at De on Thursday, October 25, from 6:00-7:00pm, in D104.
Please see a college advisor with questions.
Learn about other ways in which Islanders can participate in Respect Life Month.