Tuesday, October 16, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
As Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque once prayed, please let my heart never rest until it finds You, who are its center, its love, and its happiness. By the wound in Your heart, pardon the sins that I have committed whether out of malice or out of evil desires. Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- Boston College: 9:15am – 10:15am
- Notre Dame on the Road: 7pm – 9pm
- 4:30pm Cross Country: All Conference Championship @ Battle Creek Regional Park
- 4:30pm Football: C Game vs. St. Louis Park @ St. Louis Park High School Track
- 5:00pm Soccer: Boys Varsity Section Tournament vs. Totino-Grace @ Breck School
- 5:30pm Swim & Dive: Girls All Meet vs. St. Anthony Swim Team @ St. Anthony Village HS
- 7:00pm Soccer: Girls Varsity Section Tournament vs. Benilde-St. Margaret’s @ Breck School
In today’s news…
During the first half of the meeting we will learn more about the plans for mining in the Boundary Waters and how our elected officials stand on this issue. The second part of the meeting will be spent writing letters to Senators Amy Klobuchar and Tina Smith asking them to support policies that will protect the environment and the Boundary Waters.
Across 3-4 meetings in October leading up to the Festival, the team will explore the world of media marketing in film, including social outreach, strategy and the creative process. The team will develop social media content related to the festival, including social posts and interviews. At the Festival, the team will operate as the “eyes and ears” of Cine Latino, crafting content that highlights the festival’s visiting filmmakers and audiences. The team will explore a diverse range of media-making, including video production, video documenting, crafting narratives, social engagement and more. For more information, click here.
- Seniors are invited each Friday in October to gather in the college advising office (B102) after school to work on their college applications. During October Madness 4 Seniors, counselors will be on hand to help and answer questions as well as provide some nourishment to get students through the late afternoon. Seniors are encouraged to come, stay, and enjoy a relaxed and supportive atmosphere with their friends and work on their applications together! This is a great way to make progress toward November 1 deadlines.
- Juniors will attend the National College Fair at the Minneapolis Convention Center the morning of Thursday, October 25.
- DeLaSalle students and families are invited to meet with representatives from Jesuit colleges as part of the Jesuit Excellence Tour. Representatives will be at De on Thursday, October 25, from 6:00-7:00pm, in D104.
Please see a college advisor with questions.
Learn about other ways in which Islanders can participate in Respect Life Month.