Wednesday, October 10, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Baha’i Prayer for Peace
Be generous in prosperity, and thankful in adversity. Be fair in your judgement, and guarded in my speech. Be a lamp unto those who walk in darkness, and a home to the stranger. Be eyes to the blind, and a guiding light unto the feet of the erring. Be a breath of life to the body of humankind, a dew to the soil of the human heart, and a fruit upon the tree of humility.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- Loyola University – Chicago: 11:50am – 12:50pm
- 4:15pm Volleyball: 9 Gold Match vs. Benilde – St. Margaret`s @ DeLaSalle High School
- 5:30pm Volleyball: JV Game vs. Visitation @ DeLaSalle High School
- 7:00pm Volleyball: Varsity Game vs. Visitation @ DeLaSalle High School
In today’s news…
Students will dismiss at 12:20pm and afternoon transportation routes will leave at 12:30pm. Guidance counselors have or will be in classrooms to help prepare students in each grade for their respective test. Twelfth graders are excused from classes October 10 and are strongly encouraged to use the time to visit colleges.
Across 3-4 meetings in October leading up to the Festival, the team will explore the world of media marketing in film, including social outreach, strategy and the creative process. The team will develop social media content related to the festival, including social posts and interviews. At the Festival, the team will operate as the “eyes and ears” of Cine Latino, crafting content that highlights the festival’s visiting filmmakers and audiences. The team will explore a diverse range of media-making, including video production, video documenting, crafting narratives, social engagement and more. For more information, click here.
If interested, please contact Monica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“There is a new criminal mastermind in London during the summer of 1888, but the Queen isn’t worried. Her Majesty and the people of London rest easy because Sherlock Holmes is on the case. But don’t be fooled, he’s NOT the greatest detective. In fact, he can barely spell. It’s not Dr. Watson, either. He’s not much better. What Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson do have is a young housekeeper. Her name is Ms. Elizabeth Hudson, The World’s Greatest Detective.” Click here to purchase reserved tickets for a show.
- An Essay Writing Workshop will be held Friday, October 12.
- Seniors are invited each Friday in October to gather in the college advising office (B102) after school to work on their college applications. During October Madness 4 Seniors, counselors will be on hand to help and answer questions as well as provide some nourishment to get students through the late afternoon. Seniors are encouraged to come, stay, and enjoy a relaxed and supportive atmosphere with their friends and work on their applications together! This is a great way to make progress toward November 1 deadlines.
- The University of Notre Dame will hold a citywide information meeting at DeLaSalle on Wednesday, October 17, from 6:00-9:30pm in D104. Matthew Greene, an admissions representative for the Minneapolis area, will present and hold a question-and-answer session. We encourage you to attend to better understand how the admission process works at Notre Dame or other highly selective schools.
- Juniors will attend the National College Fair at the Minneapolis Convention Center the morning of Thursday, October 25.
- DeLaSalle students and families are invited to meet with representatives from Jesuit colleges as part of the Jesuit Excellence Tour. Representatives will be at De on Thursday, October 25, from 6:00-7:00pm, in D104.
- Representatives from colleges and universities regularly visit DeLaSalle to meet with students. You may find a calendar of upcoming college representative visits here.
Please see a college advisor with questions.
Learn about other ways in which Islanders can participate in Respect Life Month.