Monday, October 8, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- Creighton University: 10:30am – 11:30am
- Carleton College: 11:45am – 12:45pm
- Loyola University – Chicago: 11:50am – 12:50pm
In today’s news…
Need Christian Services hours? Want to have fun with your friends while making a difference in the community? Join the GREEN Team for this fall’s DeLaSalle Waste Sort!
- WHEN: Tuesday, October 9th from 3:15PM to 5:15PM
- WHERE: Meet after school in the North Entrance (near where the buses park) We will either sort In the parking lot behind the school or in the garage.
Across 3-4 meetings in October leading up to the Festival, the team will explore the world of media marketing in film, including social outreach, strategy and the creative process. The team will develop social media content related to the festival, including social posts and interviews. At the Festival, the team will operate as the “eyes and ears” of Cine Latino, crafting content that highlights the festival’s visiting filmmakers and audiences. The team will explore a diverse range of media-making, including video production, video documenting, crafting narratives, social engagement and more. For more information, click here.
As a school, we throw away over 400 metal spoons, 250 metal forks, and 75 plastic plates each year. That adds up to $550.00 worth of supplies annually, or $2,200.00 over four years. Those are costs that need to be covered by tuition or lunchroom fees. Furthermore, discarding these items in any of the waste bins poses problems for our waste-handling partners and our environment. So, save all of us some money and save the environment – place your reusable silverware, plates, and trays in the appropriate bins. And if you see silverware, plates, or trays in the waste bins, please reach in and relocate them to their proper bins, or notify a staff person to help.
If interested, please contact Monica at email@example.com.
“There is a new criminal mastermind in London during the summer of 1888, but the Queen isn’t worried. Her Majesty and the people of London rest easy because Sherlock Holmes is on the case. But don’t be fooled, he’s NOT the greatest detective. In fact, he can barely spell. It’s not Dr. Watson, either. He’s not much better. What Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson do have is a young housekeeper. Her name is Ms. Elizabeth Hudson, The World’s Greatest Detective.” Click here to purchase reserved tickets for a show.
- An Essay Writing Workshop will be held Friday, October 12.
- Seniors are invited each Friday in October to gather in the college advising office (B102) after school to work on their college applications. During October Madness 4 Seniors, counselors will be on hand to help and answer questions as well as provide some nourishment to get students through the late afternoon. Seniors are encouraged to come, stay, and enjoy a relaxed and supportive atmosphere with their friends and work on their applications together! This is a great way to make progress toward November 1 deadlines.
- The University of Notre Dame will hold a citywide information meeting at DeLaSalle on Wednesday, October 17, from 6:00-9:30pm in D104. Matthew Greene, an admissions representative for the Minneapolis area, will present and hold a question-and-answer session. We encourage you to attend to better understand how the admission process works at Notre Dame or other highly selective schools.
- Juniors will attend the National College Fair at the Minneapolis Convention Center the morning of Thursday, October 25.
- DeLaSalle students and families are invited to meet with representatives from Jesuit colleges as part of the Jesuit Excellence Tour. Representatives will be at De on Thursday, October 25, from 6:00-7:00pm, in D104.
- Representatives from colleges and universities regularly visit DeLaSalle to meet with students. You may find a calendar of upcoming college representative visits here.
Please see a college advisor with questions.
Learn about other ways in which Islanders can participate in Respect Life Month.