Friday, October 5, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Empower us to shape a world marked by ways of life that lead to justice and peace. Fashion in us a people who are more ready to grow in understanding than eager to judge those who are different from us. Form us, a people determined to heal wounds rather than inflict them.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- Creighton University: 10:30am – 11:30am
- Carleton College: 11:45am – 12:45pm
- Loyola University – Chicago: 11:50am – 12:50pm
- 4:15pm Soccer: Boys C Game vs. Benilde – St. Margaret`s @ Ft Snelling Athletic Fields
- 4:15pm Volleyball: 9 Gold Match vs. Hiawatha Collegiate @ Hiawatha Collegiate High School
- 5:30pm Volleyball: C Match vs. Hiawatha Collegiate @ Hiawatha Collegiate High School
- 7:00pm Football: Varsity Game vs. Park Center @ Park Center – Pride Stadium
In today’s news…
Learn about other ways in which Islanders can participate in Respect Life Month.
“There is a new criminal mastermind in London during the summer of 1888, but the Queen isn’t worried. Her Majesty and the people of London rest easy because Sherlock Holmes is on the case. But don’t be fooled, he’s NOT the greatest detective. In fact, he can barely spell. It’s not Dr. Watson, either. He’s not much better. What Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson do have is a young housekeeper. Her name is Ms. Elizabeth Hudson, The World’s Greatest Detective.” Click here to purchase reserved tickets for a show.
Across 3-4 meetings in October leading up to the Festival, the team will explore the world of media marketing in film, including social outreach, strategy and the creative process. The team will develop social media content related to the festival, including social posts and interviews. At the Festival, the team will operate as the “eyes and ears” of Cine Latino, crafting content that highlights the festival’s visiting filmmakers and audiences. The team will explore a diverse range of media-making, including video production, video documenting, crafting narratives, social engagement and more. For more information, click here.
As a school, we throw away over 400 metal spoons, 250 metal forks, and 75 plastic plates each year. That adds up to $550.00 worth of supplies annually, or $2,200.00 over four years. Those are costs that need to be covered by tuition or lunchroom fees. Furthermore, discarding these items in any of the waste bins poses problems for our waste-handling partners and our environment. So, save all of us some money and save the environment – place your reusable silverware, plates, and trays in the appropriate bins. And if you see silverware, plates, or trays in the waste bins, please reach in and relocate them to their proper bins, or notify a staff person to help.
If interested, please contact Monica at email@example.com.
- The Essay Writing Workshop that was scheduled for September 28 has been rescheduled to Friday, October 12.
- Seniors are invited each Friday in October to gather in the college advising office (B102) after school to work on their college applications. During October Madness 4 Seniors, counselors will be on hand to help and answer questions as well as provide some nourishment to get students through the late afternoon. Seniors are encouraged to come, stay, and enjoy a relaxed and supportive atmosphere with their friends and work on their applications together! This is a great way to make progress toward November 1 deadlines.
- The University of Notre Dame will hold a citywide information meeting at DeLaSalle on Wednesday, October 17, from 6:00-9:30pm in D104. Matthew Greene, an admissions representative for the Minneapolis area, will present and hold a question-and-answer session. We encourage you to attend to better understand how the admission process works at Notre Dame or other highly selective schools.
- Juniors will attend the National College Fair at the Minneapolis Convention Center the morning of Wednesday, October 24.
- DeLaSalle students and families are invited to meet with representatives from Jesuit colleges as part of the Jesuit Excellence Tour. Representatives will be at De on Thursday, October 25, from 6:00-7:00pm, in D104.
Please see a college advisor with questions.