Thursday, October 4, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace:
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.
O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- Winona State University: 10:15am – 11:00am
- 4:00pm Cross Country: Boys V/JV Invitational @ Fox Hollow Golf Club
- 4:00pm Soccer: Boys C Game DeLaSalle vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Taft Park Richfield
- 4:00pm Soccer: Boys B Game vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Washington Park – Richfield
- 4:00pm Tennis: Girls Varsity Match vs. St. Paul Johnson @ Kenwood Park Tennis Courts
- 4:15pm Soccer: Girls JV Game vs. Mankato West @ Ft Snelling Athletic Fields
- 4:15pm Soccer: Girls JV Game vs. Mankato West @ Fort Snelling/Nieman Soccer Fields
- 4:15pm Volleyball: 9 Gold Match vs. Benilde – St. Margaret`s @ Benilde-St. Margaret
- 4:30pm Football: C Game vs. Park Center @ Park Center – Pride Stadium
- 4:30pm Volleyball: C Game vs. Nova Classical Academy @ Nova Classical Academy
- 5:30pm Swim & Dive: Girls All Meet vs. St. Anthony Swim Team @ St. Anthony Village HS
- 5:30pm Volleyball: JV Game vs. Nova Classical Academy @ Nova Classical Academy
- 6:30pm Volleyball: Varsity Game vs. Nova Classical Academy @ Nova Classical Academy
- 7:00pm Soccer: Girls Varsity Game vs. Mankato West @ DeLaSalle High School
In today’s news…
Learn about other ways in which Islanders can participate in Respect Life Month.
- The Essay Writing Workshop that was scheduled for September 28 has been rescheduled to Friday, October 12.
- Seniors are invited each Friday in October to gather in the college advising office (B102) after school to work on their college applications. During October Madness 4 Seniors, counselors will be on hand to help and answer questions as well as provide some nourishment to get students through the late afternoon. Seniors are encouraged to come, stay, and enjoy a relaxed and supportive atmosphere with their friends and work on their applications together! This is a great way to make progress toward November 1 deadlines.
- The University of Notre Dame will hold a citywide information meeting at DeLaSalle on Wednesday, October 17, from 6:00-9:30pm in D104. Matthew Greene, an admissions representative for the Minneapolis area, will present and hold a question-and-answer session. We encourage you to attend to better understand how the admission process works at Notre Dame or other highly selective schools.
- Juniors will attend the National College Fair at the Minneapolis Convention Center the morning of Wednesday, October 24.
- DeLaSalle students and families are invited to meet with representatives from Jesuit colleges as part of the Jesuit Excellence Tour. Representatives will be at De on Thursday, October 25, from 6:00-7:00pm, in D104.
Please see a college advisor with questions.
“There is a new criminal mastermind in London during the summer of 1888, but the Queen isn’t worried. Her Majesty and the people of London rest easy because Sherlock Holmes is on the case. But don’t be fooled, he’s NOT the greatest detective. In fact, he can barely spell. It’s not Dr. Watson, either. He’s not much better. What Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson do have is a young housekeeper. Her name is Ms. Elizabeth Hudson, The World’s Greatest Detective.” Click here to purchase reserved tickets for a show.
If interested, please contact Monica at firstname.lastname@example.org.