Monday, October 1, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the Heavenly Garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor in which I am asking, and tell Him I will love Him each day more and more. Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- University of Minnesota: 12pm – 1pm
- Winona State University: 10:15am – 11:00am
- 4:00pm Soccer: Boys JV Game vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ West St. Paul Sports Complex
- 4:00pm Tennis: Girls JV Match vs. Trinity @ Kenwood Park Tennis Courts
- 4:00pm Tennis: Girls Varsity Match vs. Trinity @ Kenwood Park Tennis Courts
- 4:15pm Soccer: Girls C Game vs. Minneapolis Washburn @ Ft Snelling Athletic Fields
- 4:15pm Soccer: Girls JV Game vs. Minneapolis Washburn @ Ft Snelling Athletic Fields
- 4:15pm Soccer: Boys B Game vs. St. Paul Como Park @ Fort Snelling
- 5:00pm Soccer: Boys Varsity Game vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ St. Croix Lutheran
In today’s news…
Learn about other ways in which Islanders can participate in Respect Life Month.
- Skirts: Skirt length must reach the top of the knee. Tights and nylons may be worn underneath the skirt for warmth, but they must be opaque, not patterned. Tights may be black or white; nylons can be white, black or skin-tone. Black leggings can be worn under the skirt, but they must be ankle length.
- Pants: Pants must be full length and not rolled at the bottom cuff. Capri pants are not approved uniform attire. Pants must be appropriately sized.
- Undershirts: Long sleeve shirts may not be worn under short sleeve uniform shirts. If you are wearing a v-neck or cardigan sweater a uniform shirt needs to be worn underneath. Turtlenecks must have the DeLaSalle logo and be solid black or white in color.
- Shoes: Boots are permitted, but the height should not exceed mid-calf. Slippers or slipper-like shoes are not permitted as well.
- Sweaters and Sweatshirts: Only the uniform sweatshirt or sweater can be worn or carried for extra warmth. Students are not permitted to wear or carry out-of-uniform sweatshirts during the day. Outdoor attire such as coats, jackets, gloves, and scarves are not permitted during the school day.
For additional guidelines please review pages 8-10 in the Student-Parent Handbook. As a reminder, the uniform loaner closet has moved to the Administration Office (D-200). If you have questions regarding your school uniform please contact Mr. Lemon or Ms. Gillund at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Essay Writing Workshop that was scheduled for September 28 has been rescheduled to Friday, October 12.
- Seniors are invited each Friday in October to gather in the college advising office (B102) after school to work on their college applications. During October Madness 4 Seniors, counselors will be on hand to help and answer questions as well as provide some nourishment to get students through the late afternoon. Seniors are encouraged to come, stay, and enjoy a relaxed and supportive atmosphere with their friends and work on their applications together! This is a great way to make progress toward November 1 deadlines.
- The University of Notre Dame will hold a citywide information meeting at DeLaSalle on Wednesday, October 17, from 6:00-9:30pm in D104. Matthew Greene, an admissions representative for the Minneapolis area, will present and hold a question-and-answer session. We encourage you to attend to better understand how the admission process works at Notre Dame or other highly selective schools.
- Juniors will attend the National College Fair at the Minneapolis Convention Center the morning of Wednesday, October 24.
- DeLaSalle students and families are invited to meet with representatives from Jesuit colleges as part of the Jesuit Excellence Tour. Representatives will be at De on Thursday, October 25, from 6:00-7:00pm, in D104.
Please see a college advisor with questions.
“There is a new criminal mastermind in London during the summer of 1888, but the Queen isn’t worried. Her Majesty and the people of London rest easy because Sherlock Holmes is on the case. But don’t be fooled, he’s NOT the greatest detective. In fact, he can barely spell. It’s not Dr. Watson, either. He’s not much better. What Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson do have is a young housekeeper. Her name is Ms. Elizabeth Hudson, The World’s Greatest Detective.” Click here to purchase reserved tickets for a show.
- Monday Morning Prayer – Mondays at 7:45am
- Pray the Rosary – Wednesdays at 3:15pm
- After school Mass with Fr. Brunoon – Tuesday afternoons at 3:15pm on Oct. 9, 16, & 23.
Hope to see you there!
9th grade IOWA test:
Ms. Stipkovits will be in classes September 19th, 20th and October 3rd
10th grade Pre-ACT:
Mrs. Carter will be in classes the week of October 1-5th
11th grade PSAT:
Ms. Braun will be in classes September 25th and 27th