Friday, September 28, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
O good Saint Wenceslaus, Saint and Martyr, help us to be good Christians and neighbors. Help us to find the same compassion and mercy that you freely gave to others. We pray that we may live full and complete lives on Earth to prepare us for the heavenly kingdom that awaits us. Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- Period 1: 8:30-9:07
- Period 2: 9:12-9:46
- Period 3: 9:51-10:25
- Period 7: 10:30-11:04
- Period 4: 11:09-11:43
- Period 5: 11:48-12:22
- Period 6: 12:27-1:01
- Period 8: 1:06-1:40
- Pepfest: 1:45-3:00
In today’s news…
- Today’s Out of Uniform: Islander Day
Show off that Islander pride! Students may wear any DeLaSalle apparel, black and gold/yellow, or Hawaiian shirts and shorts. You may also want to wear your brand-new Homecoming T-shirt.
Click here to find more Homecoming Week information.
- DeLaPalooza (3:00-5:30pm): Students are invited to participate in games, food, and fun! (Students, please gather your belongings from your school locker because you will not be able to get them after 5:30pm). The game 9 Square in the Air will be set up for all students to join in and play!
- Powderpuff Football (5:30-7:30pm); Watch as the junior girls take on the senior girls in the annual powderpuff football game on the Athletic Field.
- Outdoor Movie & Bonfire (5:00-9:30pm): Come warm up by the bonfire on Brothers’ Plaza and enjoy s’mores and treats served by the DeLaSalle Parent Association. We will light the fire much earlier than anticipated, at 5:00pm, and the fire will continue through the end of the evening. Students can also watch an outdoor movie on the Athletic Field with friends. Dress warm – it could be a chilly night.
The school building will be closed on Friday at 5:30pm. Students will need to bring their belongings with them, as they will not be able to access their locker after that time.
- The Essay Writing Workshop that was scheduled for today (Sept. 28) has been rescheduled to Friday, October 12.
- Seniors are invited each Friday in october to gather in the college advising office (B102) after school to work on their college applications. During October Madness 4 Seniors, counselors will be on hand to help and answer questions as well as provide some nourishment to get students through the late afternoon. Seniors are encouraged to come, stay, and enjoy a relaxed and supportive atmosphere with their friends and work on their applications together! This is a great way to make progress toward November 1 deadlines.
- The University of Notre Dame will hold a citywide information meeting at DeLaSalle on Wednesday, October 17, from 6:00-9:30pm in D104. Matthew Greene, an admissions representative for the Minneapolis area, will present and hold a question-and-answer session. We encourage you to attend to better understand how the admission process works at Notre Dame or other highly selective schools.
- Juniors will attend the National College Fair at the Minneapolis Convention Center the morning of Thursday, October 25.
- DeLaSalle students and families are invited to meet with representatives from Jesuit colleges as part of the Jesuit Excellence Tour. Representatives will be at De on Thursday, October 25, from 6:00-7:00pm in D104.
Please see a college advisor with questions.
Students must bring their Student I.D. to make entering the dance a speedy process. Please remember to bring your Student I.D. to the Homecoming Dance.
Your logo can include the following suggested aspects, but feel free to put your own creative spin on your design.
- A globe and a star
- Multiple hands reaching towards the globe representing different races
- Other peace symbols
- The words Lasallian Ministry written in the logo
Submit your design via email to Mr. Rogers by Tuesday, October 9, and the winning logo will receive a $10 Chipotle gift card.
9th grade IOWA test:
Ms. Stipkovits will be in classes September 19th, 20th and October 3rd
10th grade Pre-ACT:
Mrs. Carter will be in classes the week of October 1-5th
11th grade PSAT:
Ms. Braun will be in classes September 25th and 27th