Thursday, September 6, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Grant us, Lord God, a vision of your world as your love would have it:
a world where the weak are protected, and none go hungry or poor;
a world where the riches of creation are shared, and everyone can enjoy them;
a world where different races and cultures live in harmony and mutual respect;
a world where peace is built with justice, and justice is guided by love.
Give us the inspiration and courage to build it, through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 3:30pm Volleyball: 9 Gold Match vs. St. Anthony @ St. Anthony Village HS
- 4:00pm Cross Country: Girls V/JV Invitational vs. Rockford @ Shamrock Golf Course
- 4:00pm Football: C Game vs. Simley @ Simley High School
- 4:00pm Soccer: Boys B Game vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Washington Park – Richfield
- 4:00pm Tennis: Girls Varsity Match vs. Brooklyn Center @ Brooklyn Center High School
- 4:15pm Cross Country: Girls V/JV Meet vs. Rockford @ Shamrock Golf Course
- 4:15pm Cross Country: Boys V/JV Meet vs. Rockford @ Shamrock Golf Course
- 4:15pm Soccer: Boys C Game vs. Minneapolis Washburn @ Fort Snelling
- 4:30pm Volleyball: C Game vs. St. Anthony @ St. Anthony Village HS
- 4:30pm Volleyball: JV Game vs. St. Anthony @ St. Anthony Village HS
- 6:00pm Volleyball: Varsity Game vs. St. Anthony @ St. Anthony Village HS
In today’s news…
- It must be a PDF submission through email. Please email submissions to Mr. Glanville at Christian.email@example.com
- You must complete the design on a shirt template. Here is a template you can use.
- You can only use one color on the black base in addition to either gold or white writing.
- You must incorporate the 2018 homecoming theme “strong alone, stronger together”.
- You must include either “DeLaSalle” or the DeLaSalle logo and the homecoming year (2018) either on the front or back.
- You must design both a front and back.
- The design deadline is Thursday, September 6th at midnight. On Friday September 7th, students will vote during their first hour on the top 3 designs and decide a winner.
The winner of the competition will win:
- A free tee shirt
- 2 free tickets to the homecoming dance
- A $20 gift card
Good luck and have fun!
Drivers will be able to turn right in and out of DeLaSalle Drive to access the school.
At least one lane of traffic on both 1st Avenue and East Hennepin Avenue will be be kept open.
The Metro Transit bus stop in front of DeLaSalle will be closed during the construction. Students who ride Metro Transit buses to DeLaSalle on routes 4, 6, 11, 61, and 141 may exit at the stop on 1st Avenue at 2nd Street NE or at the stop on 1st Avenue at 1st Street S (by the Federal Reserve Bank) and walk across the bridge to DeLaSalle.
The project is scheduled to conclude by Friday, September 21, though county officials caution that the project could be extended due to weather delays.
Come join us at science club on Thursdays after school from 3:10-4:00! We will talk about exciting new discoveries, have guest speakers, explore the outdoors, and more. The club will meet in Ms. Lenz’s room, B309. Our first meeting will be held on September 6th.
- Anticipated Absence forms must be submitted if you have a planned absence from school. These forms are available on the DeLaSalle website as well as in the main office. Forms should be submitted at least 3 days in advance of the planned absence. Planned absences include, but are not limited to: medical appointments or reasons such as surgery, driver’s exams, vacations, and college visits.
- Arriving late to school – When a student arrives tardy to school they should check in at the main office. Before checking in, a parent or guardian needs to communicate your reason for absence. If the main office does not hear from a parent or guardian the student’s absence will be considered unexcused on their attendance record.
- Leaving early from school – If a student needs to leave early from school a parent or guardian must contact the main office before the student is allowed to leave. The student should pick up a green pass from the main office before school or during lunch. This pass will alert the teacher that the student has permission to leave. Green passes should be brought to the main office when a student checks out.
- Excused vs. Unexcused Absences – DeLaSalle and the State of MN consider the following to be excused reasons for being absent from or tardy to school: illness, funeral or death of a family member or friend, medical appointments that cannot be scheduled outside the school day, family emergency, ongoing treatment for mental health diagnosis, religious holidays and cultural observances, school bus issues where the school is at-fault for the student’s tardiness or absence, as well as anticipated absences such as vacation, college visits, extended illness or injury, and school-sponsored events.
The following reasons will not be considered excused (including, but not limited to): traffic, overslept alarm, transportation issues where the school is not at-fault, errands, skipping, parent’s fault and personal reasons other than the ones listed above as excused.
For a full explanation of attendance policies please review the Student-Parent Handbook, pages 10-12.
Food and Beverages: Unless special permission is granted, food and drink may not be brought into classrooms; however, individual teachers may permit water in clear bottles in the classroom. Before school, food and drink may only be consumed in the Florance Center. After school, food and drink may only be consumed in the Islander Commons (D104).
Locker room hours are as follows:
- Morning – 5:15 am – 8:25 am
- Afternoon – 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm
- Monday 6:30-7:30pm
- Tuesday 3:00-4:00pm
- Wednesday 7:30-8:30am
- Thursday 3:00-4:00pm
- Friday 3:00-4:00pm
The Minnesota Boat Club will host an open house on Saturday from 10:00am-1:00pm on Raspberry Island in St. Paul. A training barge will be available to try out and you can also meet coaches and rowers. Visit the club’s website for more information.
Worldwide Outreach for Christ is looking for volunteers to help young students with homework during the school year. Help is needed on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00pm – 8:30pm. If interested, please call Danielle Mills at (651) 675-6942.
Team up with Feed My Starving Children, FOX Sports North, and the Minnesota Twins to pack 1 million lifesaving meals at Target Field! These meals will benefit hungry kids around the world. Packing takes place on September 18th, from 7:30-9:30pm. Sign up in the Service Learning office (D104 room A) – spots are limited to the first 20 people.