Tuesday, August 28, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Holy Spirit of light and love, you are the substantial love of the Father and the Son; hear my prayer. Grant me a strong and living faith which makes me accept all revealed truths and shape my conduct in accord with them. Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 4:00pm Volleyball: 9 Gold Match vs. Blake @ Blake School – Hopkins Campus
- 4:15pm Soccer: Girls JV Game vs. Orono @ Ft Snelling Athletic Fields
- 4:15pm Soccer: Boys B Game vs. Orono @ Ft Snelling Athletic Fields
- 4:15pm Soccer: Boys JV Game vs. Orono @ Ft Snelling Athletic Fields
- 5:00pm Soccer: Girls C Game vs. Orono @ Orono Middle School
- 5:00pm Soccer: Girls Varsity Game vs. Orono @ DeLaSalle High School
- 5:00pm Soccer: Boys C Game vs. Orono @ Orono Middle School
- 5:00pm Volleyball: JV Match vs. Blake @ Blake School Hopkins Campus
- 6:30pm Volleyball: Varsity Match vs. Blake @ Blake School Hopkins Campus
- 7:00pm Soccer: Boys Varsity Game vs. Orono @ DeLaSalle High School
In today’s news…
Parking is available in the main school parking lot. Overflow parking is available in the Nicollet Island Pavilion main parking and overflow lots (south of the Hennepin Avenue bridge) and a shuttle van will be available starting at 5:30pm to transport those who park in the Nicollet Island Pavilion lots to the school. The shuttle will operate after the evening concludes, until 9:15pm.
To help your child’s academic mentor prepare for the year, please take a moment to download and complete this Parent Mentor Survey (printed copies will be available at Back-to-School Night in case you forget).
Twin Cities Youth Rowing, which is the largest youth rowing program in Minnesota, will host a student-parent information session on Tuesday for those interested in rowing. Hear from experienced coaches and current rowers. The session is from 6:00-7:00pm at the club’s boathouse at 5250 W. 74th St. in Edina (east side of building). Contact the club for more information.
The Minnesota Boat Club will host an open house on September 8 from 10:00am-1:00pm on Raspberry Island in St. Paul. A training barge will be available to try out and you can also meet coaches and rowers. Visit the club’s website for more information.
Worldwide Outreach for Christ is looking for volunteers to help young students with homework during the school year. Help is needed on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00pm – 8:30pm. If interested, please call Danielle Mills at (651) 675-6942.
Team up with Feed My Starving Children, FOX Sports North, and the Minnesota Twins to pack 1 million lifesaving meals at Target Field! These meals will benefit hungry kids around the world. Packing takes place on September 18th, from 7:30-9:30pm. Sign up in the Service Learning office (D104 room A) – spots are limited to the first 20 people.