Thursday, August 23, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
God, give us the strength we need to love you and our neighbor as you desire. Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 4:00pm Volleyball: 9 Gold Match vs. Blake @ Blake School – Hopkins Campus
- 4:15pm Soccer: Girls JV Game vs. Burnsville @ Ft Snelling Athletic Fields
- 4:15pm Soccer: Boys JV Game vs. St. Cloud Cathedral @ Ft Snelling Athletic Fields
- 5:00pm Soccer: Girls Varsity Game vs. Burnsville @ DeLaSalle High School
- 7:00pm Soccer: Boys Varsity Game vs. St. Cloud Cathedral @ DeLaSalle High School
In today’s news…
August 22 & 23, 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- 8/22 – Dance & Read – D117
- 8/23 – Sing & Read -D117
We will have call backs as needed on 8/24 after school in the Florance Center.
- The World’s Greatest Detective – There is a new criminal mastermind in London during the summer of 1890, but the Queen isn’t worried. Her Majesty and the people of London rest easy because Sherlock Holmes is on the case. But don’t be fooled, he’s NOT the greatest detective. In fact, he can barely spell. It is not Dr. Watson, either. He’s not much better. What Holmes and Watson do have is the Doctor’s wife, Mary, and their young housekeeper. Her name is Ms. Elizabeth Hudson, the world’s greatest detective.
- Evita – This musical is based on the historical story of María Eva Duarte de Perón, a poor Argentinian girl who grows up to be the wife of the president of Argentina, worshipped by her people. As First Lady of Argentina, she aligns herself with the poor, winning herself, and Perón, popularity among Argentinians. Evita becomes a hero to the poor and the working class—and an enemy to the rich. A young and unknown revolutionary, Ché, narrates the rise and fall of the beloved matriarch of the Argentinian people.
Do you have questions? email Mr. Buffington: email@example.com
Technical Crew positions are also available; please email Mr. Buffington if you are interested.
The GREEN Team is seeking environmental superstars and supporters of all kinds to help make the world a more sustainable and vibrant place to live. If you like working with others in the garden, the kitchen, the classroom, and the community to make our school and surroundings a better place, then look no further!
Our first meeting will be Tuesday, August 28th at 3:10PM in room B311 (and, if you miss that meeting, feel free to join us on any other Tuesday afternoon right after school in Mr. York’s room).
If you’re still not sure – we’re also a great option for those who enjoy delicious afternoon snacks, who are interested in field trips to cool places like aquaponics labs and bee labs, and/or who have great ideas on projects to make our school an even more fantastic place to be. Bring your ideas and friends to GREEN Team!
Contact Mr. Lynch in Christian Brothers Hall or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Families may also deposit electronically. Click here for more information and to get started.