It is our pleasure to welcome students and families to the 2018-19 school year, when classes begin on Monday, August 20. We welcomed 220 ninth graders and transfers — and their families — at our daytime and evening Orientation programs on August 16. Over 50 current seniors and juniors did a great job leading the student programs as part of the Islander Welcome Crew. We are off and running at DeLaSalle as we begin our 119th year of Catholic, Lasallian education on Nicollet Island.
Our Back-to-School webpage offers practical information to prepare yourself for the start of school. We also offer several timely and important updates here:
- Returning students will receive their first semester course schedules via their student Islander Apps email account. The Student-Parent Handbook explains how DeLaSalle handles requests to change courses. From the Handbook, families are reminded that a $25 fee will be charged for any course change requests initiated by the student or family; a student must follow their current schedule until they receive a revised schedule; and schedule changes will not be made to accommodate requests for specific teachers or lunch hour.
- Minneapolis and Suburban/Monarch Bus Company, which provides school bus transportation for Minneapolis students, has sent postcards with morning and afternoon route information. If you live in Minneapolis and requested bus service but did not receive a postcard, please contact Brooks Shelstad as soon as possible. We will work to confirm transportation arrangements as quickly as we can.
- This weekend, DeLaSalle is communicating final or revised route information for those families living in St. Paul and the suburbs who requested DeLaSalle direct transportation.
- Families should set up their student’s cafeteria account and then deposit money into the account in order for the student to purchase breakfast or lunch items from the DeLaSalle Cafe on Monday. Families are reminded that DeLaSalle uses an online portal called LunchTime for the student’s account. Click here for instructions on how to create and manage your LunchTime account. You may deposit money electronically through the online LunchTime portal. Bank account and credit card transactions are subject to a fee,charged by LunchTime. Online deposits will appear in the point of sale system within 30 minutes of completing the transaction. Families may also deposit cash or a check in the Main Office, and the same-day credit will be available if the cash or check is dropped off by 8:30am. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- The DeLaSalle School Store will be open on the first day of school for any students who need last minute uniform items. The store will be open from 7:30-9:30am and again from 3:00-6:00pm.
Again, please visit the Back-to-School webpage for more information – and do not hesitate to call us with any questions at 612.676.7600.