With seasons compressed due to the extreme weather conditions of April, the Islander spring sports programs have been on a hectic schedule to complete as much of their regular season schedules as possible. The teams have been doing well as playoffs near.
DeLaSalle participates in a girls’ lacrosse co-op with Minnehaha Academy. The team, which finished the regular season 11-2, upset top-seeded Cretin-Derham Hall to win the Section 3AA playoffs June 7 and make its debut appearance at the state tournament.
- Quarterfinal: Blake 12 – Minnehaha Academy (co-op) 11
- Consolation bracket: Thursday, June 14, 11:00am, at Chanhassen High School
- Consolation: Saturday, June 16, 11:00am, at Chanhassen High School
Section 6AA playoffs begin May 16
The boys’ tennis team finished 5-4 in matches over a two-week period, earning the #11 seed in the tough Section 6AA Tournament. They play at #6 seed, Burnsville, on May 16; should they win, they would have their next match on May 17. Individual singles and doubles play begins on May 24.
- Team– 1st Round, Wednesday, May 16, Time TBD @ higher seed school
- Team– Semi Finals, Monday, May 21, Time TBD @ higher seed school
- Team– Finals, Wednesday, May 23, Time TBD @ Baseline Tennis Center-U of M Campus
- Individuals– Thursday, May 24, amd Tuesday, May 29, Time TBD @ Baseline Tennis Center- U of M Campus
Section 6AAA playoffs begin on May 21
The Islanders, winners of four of their last six games, still must learn their section seeding as playoffs begin next week. The first three rounds of the double-elimination section playoffs – on May 21, May 22, and May 24 – will be at the site of the higher seed.
- May 21: Mound Westonka 12 – DeLaSlale 0
- May 24: Delano 6 – DeLaSalle 0
Section 4AA meet at River Oaks on May 25 and 29
- Friday, May 25, Time TBD @ River Oaks Golf Course
- Tuesday, May 29, Time TBD @ River Oaks Golf Course
Section 4AA meet at Highland National on May 29 and 31
- Tuesday, May 29, Time TBD @ Highland National Golf Course
- Thursday, May 31, Time TBD @ Highland National Golf Course
Congratulations to Julian Wright ’19, who qualified for the state track and field tournament. Julian ran in the 100 meter and 400 meter prelims on June 8, qualifying for the finals on June 9. In the finals, Julian placed 8th in the 100 meter and 3rd in the 400 meter.
Section 3AA playoffs begins on May 30
The boys’ lacrosse program is a co-op with Minnehaha Academy, Concordia Academy, St. Croix Lutheran, St. Paul Academy, and St. Agnes. They are building numbers in the program and becoming more competitive every year.
- TriMAC 7 – Simley 17
Section 4AAA playoffs begin on May 31
The Islanders finished the regular season 12-6 with several quality wins. The first two rounds of the double-elimination section playoffs – on May 31 and June 2 – will be at the site of the higher seed.
- May 31: Hill-Murray 2 – DeLaSalle 1
- June 2: DeLaSalle 18 – St. Paul Harding 0 (5 innings)
- June 4: DeLaSalle 3 – St. Anthony 2
- June 5: Hill-Murray 10 – DeLaSalle 6