Thursday, May 17, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Help us to value the work of our hands, minds and hearts,
as a way of participating in your ongoing creation,
as a way of building relationships and building a more just society.
Give us the insight and courage to build a society
where everyone shares the riches of the earth and the wealth of our endeavors.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 3:30pm Golf: Girls Varsity Match vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ Ponds at Battle Creek
- 3:30pm Golf: Boys JV Match Match vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ Columbia Golf Course
- 3:30pm Golf: Boys Varsity Match vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ Columbia Golf Course
- 4:30pm Softball: JV Game vs. Columbia Heights High School @ Columbia Heights
- 4:30pm Softball: Varsity Game vs. Columbia Heights High School @ Columbia Heights
- 5:30pm Lacrosse: Girls JV Game Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs. Lakeville North @ Lakeville North
- 7:00pm Lacrosse: Girls Varsity Game Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs. Lakeville North @ Lakeville North
- 12:00pm: AP European History ((LL Gray Gym)
Students excused to eat lunch 4th period. Please note late end time (3:45pm) –students are responsible for communicating with moderators of activities and plan transportation and after school activities accordingly.
- Hallway Closings: The hallway leading to the LL Gray Gym will be closed all day until testing concludes around 3:45pm, students may not use the drinking fountain in that area unless they are in Phy. Ed.
In today’s news…
- Senior Final Exams: Seniors will complete final exams and assessments Thursday and Friday. Final assessments are scheduled in periods 1-4 on Thursday and periods 5-8 on Friday. Seniors are excused from periods 1-4 on Friday.
- Senior iPads: Seniors will return their iPads on Friday, after their last final. Seniors, you will find the iPad Collection Checklist in the Islanders Course under Technology in Canvas. Please print out a copy and bring it with you to iPad Collection on Friday in D104.
- Senior Locker Clean-out: Seniors should begin cleaning out their lockers in preparation for the official locker clean-out on Thursday during 7th period. Please use trash and recycling bins located throughout the building. There is a box in the main office for anyone who would like to donate school supplies or locker decorations to students in need. Any senior who does not clean-out their locker by the end of the day on Thursday will need to complete additional work service hours.
- Senior Uniform Donation Drop-Off:The Deans Office would like to invite graduating seniors to donate gently used and clean uniform items they no longer need. Items can be dropped in the main office at any time – there is no deadline for donations. Future Islanders thank you!