Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Lord of the flowers and the birds of the air, let us always give praise and honor, joy and thanksgiving to You for all Your gifts. Hear our prayers and answer them as You know best for us. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 3:20pm Golf: Boys Varsity Match vs. Concordia Academy-Roseville @ Keller Golf Course
- 3:30pm Golf: Boys JV Match vs. Breck @ Columbia Golf Course
- 4:00pm Tennis: Boys JV Match vs. St. Paul Johnson @ Kenwood Park Tennis Courts
- 4:00pm Tennis: Boys Varsity Match vs. St. Paul Johnson @ Kenwood Park Tennis Courts
- 4:15pm Baseball: C Game vs. Armstrong @ Frank Quilici Field at Shingle Creek Park
- 4:30pm Baseball: JV Game vs. Armstrong @ Zachary Park
- 4:30pm Baseball: Varsity Game vs. Armstrong @ Armstrong High School
- 4:30pm Softball: JV Game vs. Armstrong @ Zachary Park
- 4:30pm Softball: Varsity Game vs. Armstrong @ Armstrong High School
- 5:30pm Lacrosse: Girls JV Game Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs. East Ridge @ East Ridge High School
- 7:00pm Lacrosse: Girls Varsity Game Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs. East Ridge @ East Ridge High School
- 8:00am: AP English Literature and Composition (LL Gray Gym)
Please note early start time.
- 8:30am: AP U.S. Government and Politics (LL Gray Gym)
- 8:30am: AP US History (LL Gray Gym)
ALL APUSH testers should bring a lunch or order a box lunch and eat in the LL Gray Gym or outside on Brother’s Plaza.
In today’s news…
When: Today at 3:10-3:45pm
Where: Thies Creative Room D207
What: Three teams of girls in our Technovation club will run through their Pitch Presentations about the apps they built. Each presentation will last about 10 min.
1. Team Comida Club & Co
- App: Understudy - a scheduling app connecting students and tutors, designed to facilitate communication and support our current NHS tutoring program.
2. Team Shazam
- App: Ello!- a scenario based web safety app aimed at young women using social media.
3. Team Exchange
- App: Student Helper- an app created to help new students, specifically international students coming to DeLaSalle. The goal is to help reduce confusion and alleviate the stress of a new school and education system. Team members will be available afterwards for questions and demonstrations of their apps. We ask that you help them by providing presentation feedback to help them better prepare for the Appapalooza this Saturday May 12th at the Convention Center against 300 other girls on more than 80 teams. Last Monday the girls had an opportunity to present at the U.S. Bank headquarters, here is a link to the KARE11 report.
- President/Vice President: Julia Brand and Aidan Scott
- Secretary: Parker Adams
- Treasurer: Rayo Daniels
- Public Relations Officer: Calvin Mattson
Class rep elections will be held May 16.
AP testers: Remember to bring 2 sharpened #2 pencils and 2 pens to testing. Leave your phone in your locker.
There is still time to volunteer, donate and register your graduate for the All-Night Graduation Party. We need volunteers. If you’re a parent of a junior or underclassman, please pay-it-forward. We greatly appreciate your help.We have multiple shifts and jobs for all skill sets from 9 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. Click here to volunteer.
This is donations week! We’re seeking $5 gift cards for gas, movies, food, Target, Starbucks, etc. and a variety of prizes such as new tech accessories (especially aux cords, ear buds and chargers), larger gift cards, cool gadgets/electronics or college gear. Please send gift card donations to the school by end of day, Monday, May 7, c/o “School Office: All-Night Senior Graduation Party Donations,” or drop off the prizes in the donation box in the office.
Lastly, as of last week, 50 seniors were signed-up for the party. Let’s make sure everyone is registered so sign-up here! There will be plenty of food, music and dancing, games, sports, swimming, ice skating, hockey and entertainment including a hypnotist, a psychic and a casino room. (They will need a bathing suit and towel. Skating/hockey equipment is encouraged. Valuables should be left at home.)
Thank you for the gift of your time and treasure to send our seniors off right.
Note: You need to be able to miss the last 25 minutes of 8th hour. We will be back by 3:50.
- When: Saturday May 19, 2018
- Where: Lundstrum Performing Arts- 1617 N 2nd St, Minneapolis, MN 55411
- Parking: Free in two surrounding lots and on the streets surrounding Lundstrum
- Time of Volunteers needed: 5:00-8:30 or 5:00-10:00 pm Volunteer Duties will include: Food service and bussing, greeting and escorting guests, assisting with event logistics.
- Time of Event: 6:00-10:00pm
- Other things to know: Please wear black pants and a white shirt with no writing. Dinner will be provided.
If interested, please contact Nora Kreml at email@example.com