Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Lord, I am grateful for this life you’ve given me. You’ve blessed me with different gifts and talents. Help me understand how to cultivate those things to bring glory to You. Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 12:33pm Golf: Girls Varsity Conference Tournament @ Goodrich Golf Course
- 3:30pm Golf: Boys JV Match vs. St. Anthony @ Gross Golf Course
- 3:30pm Golf: Boys Varsity Match vs. St. Anthony @ Columbia Golf Course
- 4:15pm Track & Field: All Meet @ Brooklyn Center High School
- 4:30pm Softball: JV Game vs. St. Agnes @ Bryn Mawr
- 4:30pm Softball: Varsity Game vs. St. Agnes @ Bryn Mawr
- 8:00am: AP Spanish (LL Gray Gym, Thies Lab)
Please note early start time! End times are staggered due to recording. Students who are taking the AP Physics test in the afternoon bring a cold lunch or order a box lunch.
- 12:00pm: AP Physics (LL Gray Gym)
Don’t forget your calculator! Students will eat lunch 4th period. Students who took the AP Spanish exam in the morning should bring and eat their lunch in the LL Gray Gym before starting the Physics exam. If you ordered a box lunch, it will be available in the LL Gray Gym. Please note late end time–students are responsible for communicating with moderators of activities and plan transportation and after school activities accordingly.
- 8:00am: AP English Literature and Composition (LL Gray Gym)
Please note early start time.
- 8:30am: AP U.S. Government and Politics (LL Gray Gym)
- 8:30am: AP US History (LL Gray Gym)
ALL APUSH testers should bring a lunch or order a box lunch and eat in the LL Gray Gym or outside on Brother’s Plaza.
- 3:00pm: AP Studio Art submissions due
In today’s news…
- President/Vice President: Julia Brand and Aidan Scott
- Secretary: Parker Adams
- Treasurer: Rayo Daniels
- Public Relations Officer: Calvin Mattson
Class rep elections will be held May 16.
Mandatory Meeting for Potential Candidates: Class Representative candidates must attend an informational meeting this morning at 7:45am in Room B302 with Mr. Sczepanski. If you do not show up to this meeting, and you have not already attended one of the other previous meetings on Tuesday May 1st, you will not get your name on the ballot. Please see Mr. Sczepanski if you have questions.
AP testers: Remember to bring 2 sharpened #2 pencils and 2 pens to testing. Leave your phone in your locker.
There is still time to volunteer, donate and register your graduate for the All-Night Graduation Party. We need volunteers. If you’re a parent of a junior or underclassman, please pay-it-forward. We greatly appreciate your help.We have multiple shifts and jobs for all skill sets from 9 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. Click here to volunteer.
This is donations week! We’re seeking $5 gift cards for gas, movies, food, Target, Starbucks, etc. and a variety of prizes such as new tech accessories (especially aux cords, ear buds and chargers), larger gift cards, cool gadgets/electronics or college gear. Please send gift card donations to the school by end of day, Monday, May 7, c/o “School Office: All-Night Senior Graduation Party Donations,” or drop off the prizes in the donation box in the office.
Lastly, as of last week, 50 seniors were signed-up for the party. Let’s make sure everyone is registered so sign-up here! There will be plenty of food, music and dancing, games, sports, swimming, ice skating, hockey and entertainment including a hypnotist, a psychic and a casino room. (They will need a bathing suit and towel. Skating/hockey equipment is encouraged. Valuables should be left at home.)
Thank you for the gift of your time and treasure to send our seniors off right.
Note: You need to be able to miss the last 25 minutes of 8th hour. We will be back by 3:50.
- When: Saturday May 19, 2018
- Where: Lundstrum Performing Arts- 1617 N 2nd St, Minneapolis, MN 55411
- Parking: Free in two surrounding lots and on the streets surrounding Lundstrum
- Time of Volunteers needed: 5:00-8:30 or 5:00-10:00 pm Volunteer Duties will include: Food service and bussing, greeting and escorting guests, assisting with event logistics.
- Time of Event: 6:00-10:00pm
- Other things to know: Please wear black pants and a white shirt with no writing. Dinner will be provided.
If interested, please contact Nora Kreml at firstname.lastname@example.org