Thursday, April 19, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
The heavens are telling the glory of God,
and all creation is singing His praise.
Come, dance in the forest, come, play in the field,
and sing, sing the glory of the Lord.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- Period 1 8:30-9:15
- Period 2 9:20-10:02
- Period 3 10:07-10:49
- Period 4 10:54-11:36
- Period 5 11:41-12:23
- Period 6 12:28-1:10
- Period 7 (part1) 1:15-1:36
- TORNADO DRILL 1:36-1:52
- Period 7 (part 2) 1:52-2:13
- Period 8 2:18-3:00
In today’s news…
All Starry Night Prom participants who are taking AP exams are excused from this SN Prom meeting, as you MUST attend the AP pre-exam meeting that day held in the LL Gray Gym. Please be attentive to this.
One of the Technovation teams at DeLaSalle is in the process of creating an app that would organize the current National Honor Society tutoring system. Team members would greatly appreciate it if you could take this survey that would provide input and allow you to voice any issues you have with the current system.
DeLaSalle Technovation Team
When: SATURDAY, APRIL 21
Where: Patrick Henry High School
Time: 3:00pm (doors open at 2:30pm)
Tickets are available with Ms. Luckett for $8.00 in advance by Friday, April 21st, or $10.00 at the door, however, the show tends to sell out! We can accept cash and checks made payable to: 2 Soul Stepping Scholars. Please e-mail email@example.com if you’d like to reserve a ticket.
Onyx will be fighting hard for a win this year with their routine, The Onyx CREED: Step into the Ring! This year’s routine is based of the movie CREED, a spinoff of the Rocky series starting Silvester Stilone and Michael B. Jordan as Creed, Apollo’s son.
The more people in the audience to root for us, the better chances we have! We need that Islander support!
Check out the promo video for the competition!
- Monday, April 23: Inclusive Community
- Viewing of the movie The Greatest Showman at 4:00pm in room D104. Please sign up here, if you would like to participate. All are Welcome!
- Tuesday, April 24: Concern for the Poor and Social Justice
- Prayer cards will be given out at the beginning of the day focusing on this theme.
- Wednesday, April 25: Faith in the Presence of God
- Founder’s Day Mass honoring Distinguished Lasallian Educator, Excellence in Teaching Award Winner, and Alumni scholarship award winners.
- Thursday, April 26: Quality Education
- Staff Appreciation Day
- Friday, April 27: Respect for All Persons
- Final Special L.E.A.P. meeting will be held during lunches. We will have a guest speaker, Mr. Sam Peterson, who will be speaking about his work at St. Stephens to house homeless veterans. Also the Big Base game will Be after school so come and join us for some community fun! All Are Welcome!
This is a FREE college, career, and financial planning workshop open to ALL high school students and parents/guardians. FREE breakfast and lunch are included. Please see more info in the attached flyer and register here.
Don’t miss the chance to hang with your Sisters in Tech………You definitely want to SHE there!
TO VOLUNTEER OR DONATE: Click here to access an online form where you can indicate how you may wish to volunteer or contribute to the day. Many parents enjoy spending part of the day with each other – and all for a good cause! If you have questions, please contact Parent Association co-chairs, Jackie Schluter Johnson or Luann Mishler. If you prefer to make a cash donation toward the cost of meals and treats for the staff, please send your donation to Parent Association staff liaison, Mike O’Keefe, at DeLaSalle.