Congratulations to all the DeLaSalle teams — and several individual athletes — for their accomplishments in the winter sports season:
- The team earned a second consecutive trip to the State Tournament as champions of Section 4AAA. For the girls’ basketball program, it was their ninth trip to State in the past 13 years.
- All Conference: Nora Francois `21, Ayanna Gardner `18, Elaina Jones `19, and Olivia Travis `18
- Honorable Mention All-Conference: Mary Clare Francois `19, Dacoda Speidel `18
- The team finished 26-5, as champions of Section 6AAA and capturing third place in the State Tournament. This was the Islanders’ 24th trip to State since being first allowed to play in the Minnesota State High School League Tournament in 1975.
- All State, All Metro, and a finalist for Mr. Basketball Minnesota and for the McDonald Award: Gabe Kalscheur `18
- All Conference: Jamison Battle `19, Gabe Kalscheur `18, Rayquan Moore `18, Tyrell Terry `19
- Honorable Mention All-Conference: Sage Booker `18, Christian Dickson `18
- Section 6AAA Coach of the Year: Travis Bledsoe `05
- The co-op program — with skaters from DeLaSalle, Minnehaha Academy, Gentry Academy, and St. Agnes — finished with a record of 14-12-1.
- The co-op program – in partnership with Minnehaha Academy, Gentry Academy, Providence Academy and St. Agnes — finished with a record of 16-10-1.
- Honorable Mention All-Conference: Maddie Duca `19 and Justine Hill `18
- Boys’ Swimming returned to DeLaSalle in 2017-18, for the first time in 35 years, with the formation of a new co-op program with St. Anthony Village and St. Agnes.
- The team competed without conference affiliation, but we salute the six varsity swimmers who got DeLaSalle boys “back in the pool” this year: Sam Bailey `20, Spencer Bury `19, Ben Maruggi `19, Kendal Neary `20, Nathan Omodt `20, and Julius Thukral `21.
- The program captured the 2018 Minnesota State Competition Cheer championship, their second in a row, fourth in five years, and tenth state title since the program started in 1997.
- The Comp Cheer team also qualified for the prestigious UCA National Championships in Orlando, where they advanced to the semi-final round.
- UCA All-American Recognition: Libby Cole `18, Shelby Luellen `18, Jazmine Ngwu `18, and Malia Takeshita `18
- All-State Cheer Team: Libby Cole `18 and Shelby Luellen `18
- Minnesota Honor Team of Excellence: Malia Takeshita `18
- The wrestlers, continuing their long-standing co-op program with Minnehaha Academy, advanced past the first round of section matches.
- Honorable Mention All-Conference: Andrey Garbisch `20, Corey Hines `19, Jack Leonard `18, and Devan Riley `20