Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
A Prayer for the End of Human Trafficking
As shared by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth, Convent Station, N.J.
God of freedom, beauty and truth
we believe that your deepest desire,
your most powerful energy,
is that all creation might know abundant life.
We raise our voices in anguished prayer
for our sisters and brothers,
women and girls, men and boys,
who are modern day slaves;
They are your beloved daughters and sons,
exploited sexually or forced to work
because of human violence and greed.
Fill us with your holy anger and your sacred passion
that those who are trafficked might know healing and justice;
that traffickers will come to repentance and conversion;
that all of us might live in such a way
that others are not made to pay the price
for our comfort and convenience.
Hasten the coming of the day when all people
and our precious Earth itself
will be treated, not as a commodity,
but as radiant images of your freedom, beauty and truth.
Amen. May it be so.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 5:30pm Basketball: Boys C Game vs. St. Anthony @ St. Anthony Village HS
- 5:30pm Basketball: Boys JV Game vs. St. Anthony @ St. Anthony Village HS
- 7:00pm Basketball: Boys Varsity Game vs. St. Anthony @ St. Anthony Village HS
In today’s news…
We are..Strong, independent, loved, children of God.
Our Social Justice Awareness Week this year will focus on the epidemic of Human Trafficking both locally and globally. We have many informative and thought provoking activities in store for the DeLaSalle Community this week. Please check out the signs around the building for more information and get involved. Please be mindful and respectful of the posters and displays around the school.
Sacred Word, Sacred World, Sacred Call – St. Scholastica
Encuentro – St Kate’s
- Sam Mishler ’18 6th place Discussion
- Michael Underwood ’20 3rd place Discussion
- Kalina Larsen ’19 8th place Extemp Reading
- Adaire Criner ’19 3rd place Extemp Speaking
- Celeste Cervantes ’18 3rd Place Poetry
- Jennifer Yeung ’18 Honorable Mention in Prose
- Jo Phillips ’18 Honorable Mention in Prose
- Abby Wagner ’20 Honorable Mention in Prose
Performances are March 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, and 24, at 7:30pm in the Florance Center. Reserved seating is $15, general admission is $10, students and seniors pay $8, and the play is free for DeLaSalle students with school ID.
To purchase reserved seating, select the show date and follow the prompts.