Monday, February 26, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the Word of Life. Philippians 2:14-16a
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 4:15pm Basketball: Girls C Game vs. Minnehaha Academy @ DeLaSalle High School
- 5:45pm Basketball: Girls JV Game vs. Minnehaha Academy @ DeLaSalle High School
- 7:00pm Basketball: Girls Varsity Game vs. Minnehaha Academy @ DeLaSalle High School
- Period 1: 8:30-9:09
- Assembly: 9:14-10:10
- Period 2: 10:18-10:54
- Period 3: 10:59-11:35
- Period 4: 11:40-12:16
- Period 5: 12:21-12:57
- Period 6: 1:02-1:38
- Period 7: 1:43-2:19
- Period 8: 2:24-3:00
In today’s news…
We are..Strong, independent, loved, children of God.
Our Social Justice Awareness Week this year will focus on the epidemic of Human Trafficking both locally and globally. Many events and activities are planned for the week. Today, we will have a BLUE out at the girl’s basketball games. Blue is the color for Human Trafficking awareness. The cheer team and student council are spearheading a few activities including a 50/50 raffle for Breaking Free. Make sure you are there for halftime and bring your friends and family.
Today’s special assembly includes prayer, short talks, music and a keynote address by Joy Friedman. Joy is a Consulter, Motivational Speaker & Trainer on the topic of Human Trafficking. Entering the “Life” at 15, she was able to break free when she was 37 and will share what makes teens vulnerable to trafficking and what they can do for self and others. Throughout the week we will have special classroom workshops and conclude the week with a celebratory event in the gym. Stay tuned.
We have many informative and thought provoking activities in store for the DeLaSalle Community this week. Please check out the signs around the building for more information and get involved. Please be mindful and respectful of the posters and displays around the school.
Sacred Word, Sacred World, Sacred Call – St. Scholastica
Encuentro – St Kate’s
- Sam Mishler ’18 6th place Discussion
- Michael Underwood ’20 3rd place Discussion
- Kalina Larsen ’19 8th place Extemp Reading
- Adaire Criner ’19 3rd place Extemp Speaking
- Celeste Cervantes ’18 3rd Place Poetry
- Jennifer Yeung ’18 Honorable Mention in Prose
- Jo Phillips ’18 Honorable Mention in Prose
- Abby Wagner ’20 Honorable Mention in Prose
Performances are March 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, and 24, at 7:30pm in the Florance Center. Reserved seating is $15, general admission is $10, students and seniors pay $8, and the play is free for DeLaSalle students with school ID.
To purchase reserved seating, select the show date and follow the prompts.