Friday, February 16, 2018
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
You are the Father’s presence of light and healing to the world.
You opened the eyes of the blind;
You cured those in physical distress;
You freed those in emotional bondage;
You filled the world with hope and love.
You promised to give us your Holy Spirit of love and light and healing.
Draw us ever deeper into your Spirit,
So that we might see in faith with God’s eyes,
Love with God’s power;
Hope with God’s dream;
Touch hearts with God’s healing love.
Deepen our willingness to surrender in trust to God’s providence,
And bring us, through the intercession of our Founder,
to the fullness of union with you.
We make our prayer in Christ our Lord, Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- Period 1: 8:30-9:08
- Mentor Meetings: 9:13-10:17
- Period 2: 10:25-11:00
- Period 3: 11:05-11:40
- Period 4: 11:45-12:20
- Period 5: 12:25-1:00
- Period 6: 1:05-1:40
- Period 7: 1:45-2:20
- Period 8: 2:25-3:00
- 4:15pm Basketball: Girls JV Game vs. Fridley High School @ DeLaSalle High School Main Gym
- 4:15pm Basketball: Boys JV Game vs. Fridley High School @ DeLaSalle High School L.L. Gray Auxillary Gym
- 5:30pm Basketball: Girls C Game vs. Fridley High School @ DeLaSalle High School L.L. Gray Auxillary Gym
- 5:30pm Basketball: Girls Varsity Game vs. Fridley High School @ DeLaSalle High School Main Gym
- 7:00pm Basketball: Boys C Game vs. Fridley High School @ DeLaSalle High School L.L. Gray Auxillary Gym
- 7:15pm Basketball: Boys Varsity Game vs. Fridley High School @ DeLaSalle High School Main Gym
In today’s news…
DeLaSalle this year has implemented a continuous enrollment model, which other schools are also now doing. Continuous Enrollment streamlines the re-enrollment process and eliminates the need for sending a repetitive re-registration form and a new tuition agreement to families each year. With almost all students re-enrolling at DeLaSalle year over year, the process of completing multiple forms ends up being unnecessary. Those few families that may be considering withdrawing their child for 2018-19 are encouraged to contact Vice President for Enrollment, Mike O’Keefe, at 612-676-7679. Mike manages the process, but quite often, individual concerns for a particular student or family are addressed with enough advance notice.
Students received an email with a link to register for courses as well as a course request worksheet via email that will help them identify which required courses they must take and what elective courses are available. Watch a video here that explains how to use the course request worksheet.
Students and parents may consult the 2018-19 curriculum guide here to view graduation requirements and course descriptions by academic department. We’re excited to announce several new courses, including two offerings in AP computer programming, an Honors Theology course, a science course taught in collaboration with a Lasallian high school in Spain, and Explore-Impact, a practicum opportunity for college-bound seniors. Students are encouraged to discuss course requests with their parents, college adviser, and academic mentor. Academic mentor meetings are scheduled for Friday, February 16.
Families who wish to apply for financial aid based on family financial need must submit an application to Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) by Friday, February 23. Families may access the online application at http://mytads.com/. Financial aid worksheets which are extremely helpful in preparing your application are available here in English, y aqui en espanol. Families may contact Ron Rice at 612.676.7601 with questions or to schedule an appointment to complete their application online.
The applicant must meet the following criteria to be considered:
1. Must be a Junior graduating in the Class of 2019
2. Must be enrolled for the Fall 2018 Semester
3. Legacy applicants must have had at least one relative that is an alum of DeLaSalle, MN
4. Must have a Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
Application Deadline: Wednesday February 21st, 2018 by 4:00pm.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Luckett, Director of Alumni Programs, at email@example.com (preferred) or call 612-676-7687.