October 18, 4:00-8:00pm
October 19, 11:00am-7:00pm
Parent-Student-Teacher conferences allow parents, students, and teachers an opportunity to discuss a student’s academic progress near the mid-point in the semester. As students and parents can benefit by hearing the same commendations and recommendations from teachers, we strongly suggest students and parents attend conferences and participate in these conversations together.
Conferences are scheduled for Wednesday, October 18 from 4:00-8:00pm and on Thursday, October 19 from 11:00am-7:00pm. You do not need an appointment to hold a conference with a teacher. Instead, you can meet with your child’s teachers at your own pace and whenever they are available. Please respect that teachers have many parents who wish to meet with them and may limit your conference to 10-15 minutes.
Students will be dismissed on October 18 at 1:56pm and afternoon transportation routes will leave from DeLaSalle that day at 2:10pm. There are no classes on October 19 and 20. A reminder that there are also no classes on Monday, October 23 as DeLaSalle staff join colleagues from other Lasallian high schools in the Twin Cities (Benilde-St. Margaret’s, Cretin-Derham Hall, Holy Family, and Totino-Grace) for professional development with Dr. Marcia Chatelain, associate professor of history and African American studies at Georgetown University, who will speak about race and social justice.
Please note there is a home football game on Wednesday at 7:00pm. Free overflow parking is available in the Nicollet Island Pavilion overflow parking lot (on the south side of the Hennepin Avenue bridge). A shuttle will be available from the Nicollet Island Pavilion overflow parking lot, starting at 6:00pm.
Teachers will be available during both conference days, except those noted below.
The following teachers will only be available for conferences on Wednesday, October 18:
- Kathy Canepa
- Joyce Cogdill-Travis
- Martha Coughlan
- Joe Englund
- Dr. Chang-li Huang
The following part-time teachers will be available to conference during the following times:
- Brother Ryan Anderson will conference Wednesday, October 18 from 4:00-5:30pm and Thursday, October 19 from 11:00am-5:30pm.
- Peg Hodapp will conference Wednesday, October 18 from 4:00-6:00pm in the Main Gym. She will conference on Thursday, October 19 from 11:00am-7:00pm by appointment only in the Lasallian Ministry office in Christian Brothers’ Hall (please email to schedule an appointment).
- Julie Peterson will conference all day Wednesday, October 18 and will be available Thursday, October 19 from 11:00am-5:00pm
- Ron Rice will conference in the Business Office on October 19 from 1:00-3:00pm and from 4:00-6:00pm.
Conferences will be held in the Main Gym and the LL Gray Gym.
- Main Gym – Departments: English; Fine Arts, Modern Languages, Theology
- LL.Gray Gym – Departments: Guidance, Math, Physical Education, Science; Social Studies
- Susan Buerger and the Learning Specialist tutors will conference in D105.
Please note that academic departments will take meal breaks during the following scheduled times:
Wednesday, October 18
- 5:20-5:40pm: Science, Modern Language, and Physical Education
- 5:40-6:00pm: English and Fine Arts
- 6:00-6:20pm: Math and Guidance
- 6:20-6:40pm: Social Studies and Theology
Thursday, October 19
- 3:00-3:30pm: Social Studies and Theology
- 3:30-4:00pm: Science, Modern Language, and Physical Education
- 4:00-4:30pm: English and Fine Arts
- 4:30-5:00pm: Math and Guidance
Un intérprete de español estará disponible en varios tiempos para ayudar a los de habla español familias se reúnen con los maestros durante las conferencias.
Parents may monitor their student’s assignments, grades, course calendar and other work by creating a parent account within the Canvas learning management system. Click here for instructions on how to create an account.
Families unable to attend conferences can always call or email teachers. Click here to find teacher contact information in the online Staff Directory.
Please note: The DeLaSalle School Store, which is located in the first floor lobby of the A building, will be open October 18 from 3:00pm through halftime of the home football game (about 8:00pm) and again October 19 from 11:00am-8:00pm.