Thursday, October 12, 2017
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
God, please enlighten my mind with truth;
Inflame my heart with love;
Inspire my will with courage;
Enrich my life with service.
Pardon what I have been;
Sanctify what I am;
And order what I shall be.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- Macalester College: 9:20am – 10:20am
- Gustavus Adolphus: 11am – 12pm
- University of Southern California: 12pm – 1pm
- 4:30pm Football: C Game vs. Orono @ Orono Intermediate School
- 4:30pm Volleyball: 9 Gold Match vs. Visitation @ Visitation HS
- 4:30pm Volleyball: C Game vs. Visitation @ Visitation HS
- 4:30pm Volleyball: JV Game vs. Visitation @ Visitation HS
- 6:00pm Volleyball: Varsity Game vs. Visitation @ Visitation HS
- 7:00pm Soccer: Boys Varsity Section Tournament vs. TBD @ DeLaSalle High School
In today’s news…
WHY IS RESPECT LIFE MONTH IMPORTANT? It is a time to move away from the ways people disrespect life through war, poverty, abuse of the elderly, neglect of children, and abortion. At DeLaSalle, we focus on daily supplies for babies born to poor families. Every donation you bring in to Lasallian Ministry, whether big or small, will go to the Northside Total Life Care Center.
RESPECT LIFE MONTH: FOR THE BABIES! Imagine yourself babysitting a teething infant. The little one has lost her pacifier and really needs it to soothe the teething pain. What can you do? Donate a pacifier or two to our Drive for the Little Ones. Bring items to the Atrium all month.
Interested students should sign up to attend through their Naviance account and also complete an Anticipated Absence form.
When: Tuesday, October 17th, 2017
Time: 5:30pm – 8:00pm
Where: FLORANCE CENTER
Who: Tryouts are open to all 9 – 12 Graders (boys and girls)
What: Please wear shorts and a t-shirt, gym shoes and have your hair pulled back out of your face. We will teach you all of the skills you need to know at tryouts – stunting, dance, jumps, and cheer. We want to see any tumbling you have, but you will not be scored on it! Please fill out the DLS Cheer Registration Form at the back of the DLS Cheer Information Packet and bring it to the Florance Center on the day of tryouts. It must be signed by a parent. If you have questions, please contact Head JV Coach, Jessica Luckett, at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-676-7687.