Thursday, September 21, 2017
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Lord our God, we thank you that you have given us your glorious future as the basis for our lives. We thank you that on this foundation we can forget our present troubles and believe that the power of good can move us today to oppose sin, death, and everything evil. Free our hearts from all burdens, and grant that we may have courage to wait patiently for the great help which is to come. Grant that what is happening in the world today may somehow help toward the solution of all the problems. We praise your name, our Father in the heavens. We praise you for the good you do for us each day and for the light you will shed one day on everything on earth, to the glory of your name. Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 4:00pm Tennis: Girls JV Match vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Christian Park – Richfield
- 4:00pm Tennis: Girls Varsity Match vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Valley View Park
- 4:15pm Soccer: Boys JV Game vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ Neiman Sports Complex
- 4:15pm Volleyball: 9 Gold Match vs. Holy Family Catholic @ DeLaSalle High School
- 5:00pm Soccer: Girls C Game vs. Hiawatha Collegiate @ Neiman Athletic Complex (Fort Snelling)
- 5:00pm Soccer: Girls JV Game vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ St. Croix Lutheran
- 5:30pm Volleyball: JV Match vs. Holy Family Catholic @ DeLaSalle High School
- 7:00pm Soccer: Girls Varsity Game vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ St. Croix Lutheran
- 7:00pm Soccer: Boys Varsity Game vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ DeLaSalle High School
- 7:00pm Volleyball: Varsity Match vs. Holy Family Catholic @ DeLaSalle High School
In today’s news…
Meatless Mondays, on the first and third Mondays of each month, help raise awareness about the agricultural, ecological, and political impact caused by raising meat for human consumption. The Cafe will serve popular, nutritious, and delicious meatless meal options, such as grilled cheese and tomato soup, black bean burgers, cheese and veggie pizza, baked potato bar, waffles, and many other tasty entrees.
The Cafe will again partner this year with metro area farmers as part of a Farm-to-School initiative in which the farmers will provide us with their locally grown produce. Through this partnership, the Cafe will feature a harvest of the month menu item as well as a Minnesota Thursday menu, in which the main entree will consist of food produced right here in our state. The lunch menu for Thursday, September 21, for example, features hot dogs from the Ferndale Market, locally grown corn on the cob, and Johnny Pops.
Next Monday, those prayers will be collected and our group will pray together for these joys and concerns. There will be refreshments and fellowship to be shared. This is a very welcoming experience where blessings are not only given, but also received. We hope to see you there.
Questions: Please contact Jackie Schluter Johnson at email@example.com.