Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
A message from Brother Larry Schatz, FSC, Provincial/Brother Visitor:
To Our Alumni & Friends in the Path of Hurricane Irma,
The Brothers are thinking of you. Whether the hurricane is a danger to you and your family or only a nuisance, know that you are in our thoughts. We ask Our Lord to keep you from harm, and we ask our Founder, St. John Baptist de La Salle, to intercede on your behalf. We just want you to know that you are not alone.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us. Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 10:15am – 11:15am Georgetown University
- 11:50am – 12:50pm College of St Johns/St Bens
- 11:40am – 12:40pm Villanova University
- 7pm – 9pm Notre Dame Citywide Visit
- 10:15am – 11:15am Northern Michigan University
- 4:00pm: Girls’ JV tennis vs. St. Croix Lutheran
- 4:00pm: Girls’ varsity tennis @ St. Croix Lutheran
- 4:15pm: Boys’ B soccer vs. Benilde-St. Margaret’s @ Ft. Snelling
- 4:15pm: Boys’ C soccer vs. Benilde-St. Margaret’s @ Ft. Snelling
- 4:15pm: 9 gold volleyball @ Academy of Holy Angels
- 5:30pm: C volleyball @ Academy of Holy Angels
- 5:30pm: JV volleyball @ Academy of Holy Angels
- 7:00pm: Varsity volleyball @ Academy of Holy Angels
In today’s news…
- Today’s Out of Uniform: Blackout Day
All black everything. De students should dress head to toe in black, one of our school colors.
- Tomorrow’s Out of Uniform: Class Color Day
Students are invited to dress in the color of their graduating class: Freshmen-Orange; Sophomores- Green; Juniors- Pink; Seniors- Blue; Staff- Red
Click here to find more Homecoming Week information.
As a reminder, a soft lockdown implies that there is an incident or condition that does not pose an immediate threat to life or safety of students or staff, but there is an immediate need to secure the building so the incident or condition can be addressed in a timely manner. During a soft lockdown teachers will lock doors and close blinds. Classes will continue to run, but students must remain in the classroom until an “All Clear” is given over the PA system by an administrator.
Non-threatening incident examples include but are not limited to:
Bathroom floods into the hallway
Violence or criminal activity in the neighborhood
Dangerous animal is loose outside of the school
Ms. Hodapp and Brother Ryan
Leaves do fall. Improve your health while helping a senior citizen remain independent in their home! You choose the date and time to rake and clean up the yard. Perfect for individuals, groups, and families. Seasonal: starting mid-October (depending upon the weather). This is a one-time fun unpaid activity available weekdays and weekends. Feel free to sign up multiple times!
Elders are located in Minneapolis and suburban Hennepin County, raking depends upon where the senior citizen resides. Ongoing unpaid volunteer opportunities are also available. Please contact the Household & Outside Maintenance for Elderly (HOME) Program’s Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or call 952-767-7894 for more information.
The HOME Program number is 952-746-4046 or firstname.lastname@example.org , if a senior age 60+ needs raking or other services in Hennepin County. Senior Community Services is a nonprofit organization with five programs serving elders and caregivers statewide. For more information please visit www.seniorcommunity.org or call 952-541-1019. Seniors outside of Hennepin County should contact the Senior Linkage Line at 1-800-333-2433 for information about services in their area. Thank you!
Volunteer Shifts: Saturday, September 23rd
- Areas 12/13 Unified Flag Football
- Where: West St. Paul Sports Center
- Scorer/Timer (10): 8:30am-11:30am
- Referee *Must have general football knowledge (10): 8:30am-11:30am
- Individual Skills Assistant (8): 8:30am-10:30am
- Lunch Server (8): 10:30am-1:30pm
- Scorer/Timer (10): 11:30am-2:30pm
- Referee *Must have general football knowledge (10): 11:30am-2:30pm
- Awards Assistant (6): 10:30am-3:00pm
Volunteer Shifts: Sunday, September 24th
- Areas 7/11 Unified Flag Football
- Where: St. Anthony Village High School
- Scorer/Timer (4): 8:30am-11:00pm
- Referee *Must have general football knowledge (12): 8:30am-1:00pm
- Individual Skills Assistant (7): 8:30am-11:30am
- Lunch Server (8): 10:30am-1:30pm
- Scorer/Timer (11): 12:30pm-5:00pm
- Referee *Must have general football knowledge (12): 12:30pm-5:00pm
- Awards Assistant (5): 1:30pm-5:00pm