Friday September 8, 2017
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Count your blessings, not your crosses; count your gains instead of losses.
Count your joys instead of woes; count your friends instead of foes.
Count your smiles instead of tears; count your courage, not your fears.
Count full years instead lean; Count kind deeds instead of mean.
Count your health instead of wealth; Love your neighbor as yourself.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us. Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 4:00pm Tennis: Girls Varsity Match vs. Southwest Christian @ Kenwood Park Tennis Courts
- 4:15pm Soccer: Girls C Game vs. Waconia High School @ Ft Snelling Athletic Fields
- 4:15pm Soccer: Girls JV Game vs. Waconia High School @ Ft Snelling Athletic Fields
- 4:15pm Soccer: Boys C Game vs. Hill-Murray @ Fort Snelling
- 4:15pm Soccer: Boys JV Game vs. Hill-Murray @ Fort Snelling
- 7:00pm Football: Varsity Game vs. Simley @ DeLaSalle High School
In today’s news…
On Monday, and throughout the week, you may dress out of uniform. Monday’s out of uniform theme is Patriot Day. Dress in your favorite patriotic gear! De students will help honor the memory of September 11th by wearing red, white, and blue or USA themed apparel.
Also on Monday, make plans to join your classmates and friends for the movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”, which will be shown in the LL Gray Gym from 7:00-9:00pm. Concessions and free popcorn will be available. Stay in your PJ’s and bring a cozy blanket to keep warm.
Click here to find more Homecoming Week information.
Ms. Hodapp and Brother Ryan
We will have an information meeting today. The meeting will be from 3:15 PM to 3:45 PM in Room A206. On future Fridays, we will plan to spend our time riding to new places, exploring new destinations, learning about bike safety, and improving our bike maintenance skills.
Leaves do fall. Improve your health while helping a senior citizen remain independent in their home! You choose the date and time to rake and clean up the yard. Perfect for individuals, groups, and families. Seasonal: starting mid-October (depending upon the weather). This is a one-time fun unpaid activity available weekdays and weekends. Feel free to sign up multiple times!
Elders are located in Minneapolis and suburban Hennepin County, raking depends upon where the senior citizen resides. Ongoing unpaid volunteer opportunities are also available. Please contact the Household & Outside Maintenance for Elderly (HOME) Program’s Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-767-7894 for more information.
The HOME Program number is 952-746-4046 or email@example.com , if a senior age 60+ needs raking or other services in Hennepin County. Senior Community Services is a nonprofit organization with five programs serving elders and caregivers statewide. For more information please visit www.seniorcommunity.org or call 952-541-1019. Seniors outside of Hennepin County should contact the Senior Linkage Line at 1-800-333-2433 for information about services in their area. Thank you!
Volunteer Shifts: Saturday, September 23rd
- Areas 12/13 Unified Flag Football
- Where: West St. Paul Sports Center
- Scorer/Timer (10): 8:30am-11:30am
- Referee *Must have general football knowledge (10): 8:30am-11:30am
- Individual Skills Assistant (8): 8:30am-10:30am
- Lunch Server (8): 10:30am-1:30pm
- Scorer/Timer (10): 11:30am-2:30pm
- Referee *Must have general football knowledge (10): 11:30am-2:30pm
- Awards Assistant (6): 10:30am-3:00pm
Volunteer Shifts: Sunday, September 24th
- Areas 7/11 Unified Flag Football
- Where: St. Anthony Village High School
- Scorer/Timer (4): 8:30am-11:00pm
- Referee *Must have general football knowledge (12): 8:30am-1:00pm
- Individual Skills Assistant (7): 8:30am-11:30am
- Lunch Server (8): 10:30am-1:30pm
- Scorer/Timer (11): 12:30pm-5:00pm
- Referee *Must have general football knowledge (12): 12:30pm-5:00pm
- Awards Assistant (5): 1:30pm-5:00pm
- 85 day fitness log
- Paper about the fitness experience
- 30 day fitness log
- Fitness club assignment (don’t forget the page response)
Thank you and have a great year. Mr. C