Wednesday May 24, 2017
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
God, Grant me the strength to handle the pressure of these days,
the confidence to feel secure in my knowledge,
and the ability to keep a proper perspective through it all. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 4:15pm: JV track & field meet @ Columbia Heights
- 4:30pm: C baseball @ St. Anthony Village
- 4:30pm: JV baseball @ St. Anthony Village
- 5:00pm: Varsity baseball vs. St. Anthony Village @ Parade Stadium
- 7:00pm: Boys’ varsity lacrosse @ Hill-Murray
In today’s news…
|Time||Wednesday, May 24|
|Time||Thursday, May 25||Friday, May 26|
- Breakfast will be served until 8:30am. There will be no lunch service.
- Buses will run in the morning and will depart at 12:25pm on Wednesday, at 12:15pm on Thursday, and at 11:45am on Friday. The school campus will be closed to students on Friday starting at 12:00pm.
- Students who have lunch or study hall periods 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 8 do not need to attend those periods.
- If students are here during their lunch hour, they should report to the Florance Center.
- If students are here for a study hall periods 2 or 7, they should report to their regular study hall room.
- If students are here for a study hall periods 1, 3, or 8, they should report to the Florance Center.
- All students will return iPads on Friday.
All students must turn in their school issued iPad with the school issued iPad case. The iPad Return Checklist – found in the Islanders course in Canvas – must be completed, signed by a parent/guardian, and turned in with the iPad on May 26. Students should turn off their passcode and sign out of their iCloud and iTunes accounts before going to their assigned area. It is important to note that you will be charged the deductible/repair cost for broken devices as well as replacement cost for any missing items. Families who chose the Deposit Protection Plan will be charged for all damages to the iPad and accessories not covered under warranty. If you are not returning to DeLaSalle for the 2017-2018 school year, you must turn in the Apple charging/sync cable and power adapter provided when you received your iPad.
In addition to all the other accolades of the spring, congratulations are in store for Jake Nelson `17, who has been chosen as one of 24 “Triple Threat Award” finalists from high schools across the state.
A program of the Hennepin Theatre Trust, “Triple Threat” finalists are recognized for their theatre accomplishments and community leadership while participating in the Trust’s Spotlight Education program. From the 12 male and 12 female finalists, four winners will be announced at the 12th annual Spotlight Showcase, June 12-13 at the historic State Theatre, 805 Hennepin Avenue in Minneapolis. Limited single-seat tickets for the June 12 and 13 showcase remain at https://hennepintheatretrust.org/events/spotlight-showcase-tickets-state-theatre-minneapolis-mn-2017/.
The Investment Club will start next fall! Please take this short SURVEY to help us prepare.
The cost for this trip is $350 plus travel (TBD) Please complete this form if you are interested and see Mr. CJ Hallman if you need more information.
The next driver’s ed class will be taught in late July and early August. The class is scheduled July 31-August 4 and Aug. 7-11, from 9:00am-12:20pm. There is a mandatory parent meeting on July 31 from 1:00-2:30pm. Click here for an application. Please note, the classroom only option is no longer offered. Applicants must now sign up for both classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction, which costs $399.