Tuesday May 2, 2017
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Lord, thank you for your promise to stay with us. Help us to live in your presence. Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 2:45pm: Girls’ varsity golf vs. Fridley @ Majestic Oaks Golf Course
- 3:00pm: Boys’ varsity golf vs. Fridley @ Columbia Golf Course
- 3:25pm: Boys’ JV golf vs. Blake @ Columbia Golf Course
- 4:00pm: Girls’ varsity lacrosse vs. St. Paul Central @ Minnehaha Academy
- 4:00pm: Boys’ JV tennis @ Fridley
- 4:00pm: Boys’ varsity tennis @ Fridley
- 4:15pm: C softball @ Fridley
- 4:15pm: JV softball @ Fridley
- 4:15pm: Track & field meet @ St. Croix Lutheran
- 5:00pm: Varsity softball @ Fridley
- 7:00pm: Boys’ varsity lacrosse @ Providence Academy
In today’s news…
If you are interested, you must attend a meeting to learn more. There is a meeting in B302 either before school today at 7:45am or tomorrow at 3:15pm. Please see Mr. Sczepanski with any questions.
New this year, AP Studio Art and Honors Art students will feature their work in the Schulze Learning Lab (D104), as well as the hallways near Albers Atrium and the Florance Center. Please join us in appreciating the time and talent that so many students exhibit in their work.
Students are encouraged to bring their bike to school that day and to lock it to a bike rack outside the building. All participants will be required to wear a helmet in order to ride. We will meet in A206 from 3:15-3:30pm and will ride from 3:30-4:30pm.
- Erin Boehme took 1st place in Senior Research Paper for “Silent Spring: Changing the Minds of America”
- Nadia Johnson took 1st place in Individual Websites for “Denver Principles”
- Julia Gerloff took 2nd place in Individual Websites for “Willmar 8”
- Ava Methner took 2nd place in Individual Documentary for “Righteous, Harmonious: The Boxer Rebellion”
27,000 students participate in History Day throughout Minnesota. 1,200 advance to State History Day. About 65 students will represent Minnesota in June. We also congratulate several other juniors whose History Day projects placed or received honorable mention or a topical scholarship in Saturday’s Minnesota History Day competition.
The next driver’s ed class will be taught in late July and early August. The class is scheduled July 31-August 4 and Aug. 7-11, from 9:00am-12:20pm. There is a mandatory parent meeting on July 31 from 1:00-2:30pm. Click here for an application. Please note, the classroom only option is no longer offered. Applicants must now sign up for both classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction, which costs $399.