Monday May 1, 2017
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
We pray God’s blessing on all religious Brothers who have devoted their lives to building up God’s Kingdom of love, peace and justice. We ask you to guide them, strengthen them, sustain them and shower them with your grace. May they always be close to you in prayer and reach out, in turn, to help their neighbors in need. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 1:00pm: Boys’ golf invitational @ Indian Hills Golf Course
- 4:00pm: Boys’ varsity tennis vs. Patrick Henry @ Webber Park
- 4:15pm: JV baseball vs. St. Agnes @ Frank Quilici Field at Shingle Creek Park
- 4:15pm: C softball vs. Concordia Academy @ Bryn Mawr
- 4:15pm: JV softball vs. Concordia Academy @ Bryn Mawr
- 4:15pm: Varsity softball vs. Concordia Academy @ Bryn Mawr
- 4:30pm: C baseball vs. St. Agnes @ West Minnehaha Rec Center
- 6:00pm: Varsity baseball vs. St. Agnes @ Dunning Field
In today’s news…
All AP students are required to take the AP exam. Monday’s exams include Chemistry at 8:00am and Psychology at 12:00pm, both in the Rothweiler Room. Please click here for a complete schedule, including exam times and what time you should eat lunch, if you have an exam scheduled. As always, you should get a good night’s sleep before the exam, eat a good breakfast, arrive early, and bring two sharpened #2 pencils and two pens.
- Erin Boehme took 1st place in Senior Research Paper for “Silent Spring: Changing the Minds of America”
- Nadia Johnson took 1st place in Individual Websites for “Denver Principles”
- Julia Gerloff took 2nd place in Individual Websites for “Willmar 8”
- Ava Methner took 2nd place in Individual Documentary for “Righteous, Harmonious: The Boxer Rebellion”
27,000 students participate in History Day throughout Minnesota. 1,200 advance to State History Day. About 65 students will represent Minnesota in June. We also congratulate several other juniors whose History Day projects placed or received honorable mention or a topical scholarship in Saturday’s Minnesota History Day competition.
New this year, AP Studio Art and Honors Art students will feature their work in the Schulze Learning Lab (D104), as well as the hallways near Albers Atrium and the Florance Center. Please join us in appreciating the time and talent that so many students exhibit in their work.
We especially acknowledge and honor the life and service of the Christian Brothers who have served DeLaSalle since we first opened in 1900. We can share in the mission of the Brothers when we say “Together and by association”, like the phrase that you see teachers and staff wear on their black-and-gold Lasallian polo shirts or sweater cardigans – or on the back of the black shirt that many staff wore on Friday. On the front of the shirt was a white collar or “rebat”. The rebat is the collar worn by the Christian Brothers in their traditional robes.
Class Representative nomination forms are now available in the Main Office and in B302. They are due on Monday, May 8. (You must also attend a mandatory meeting if you plan to run for Student Council on either Tuesday, May 2 at 7:45am or Wednesday, May 3 at 3:15pm in B302)
The next driver’s ed class will be taught in late July and early August. The class is scheduled July 31-August 4 and Aug. 7-11, from 9:00am-12:20pm. There is a mandatory parent meeting on July 31 from 1:00-2:30pm. Click here for an application. Please note, the classroom only option is no longer offered. Applicants must now sign up for both classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction, which costs $399.