Wednesday April 19, 2017
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Grant us wisdom to know what we must do,
the will to want to do it,
the courage to undertake it,
the perseverance to continue to do it,
and the strength to complete it. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 4:00pm: Boys’ varsity tennis vs. Farmington @ Kenwood Park
- 4:15pm: JV baseball vs. Spring Lake Park @ Frank Quilici Field at Shingle Creek Park
- 4:15pm: Varsity softball vs. Brooklyn Center @ Bryn Mawr
- 4:15pm: Track and field meet @ St. Thomas Academy
- 4:30pm: C baseball vs. Columbia Heights @ Columbia Heights Middle School
- 4:30pm: Varsity baseball @ Columbia Heights
- 6:00pm: Boys’ varsity lacrosse scrimmage vs. St. Paul Celts @ Minnehaha Academy South Campus
In today’s news…
- Attendance is mandatory. If you miss a retreat day, you are required to make up their absence through the guidance of Lasallian Ministry.
- Uniform is required.
- Bring a bag lunch; one beverage will be provided. As you prepare your bag lunch, please do not include any foods that contain nuts or peanut butter of any kind. Please check food labels to ensure the food is not made with or contains any nuts. We ask you to keep this in mind because of a classmate who has a severe food allergy.
- Please leave all books, bags, purses, headphones, iPads, cell phones, etc. at home or school. These items are not allowed on retreat.
- The retreat will run during the school day only. You will check in to first hour for attendance and announcements and will move to the Albers Atrium to board busses.
- Please come with an open and positive attitude and you will have fun.
- Any questions or concerns should be directed to Ms. Hodapp in the Campus Ministry office during your lunch period.
The President must be a senior in the fall of 2017; the other positions can be juniors or seniors in the fall of 2017. You do not need to be on Student Council to run for an executive board position. If you are elected, you will automatically be on Student Council and do not have to run in the class representative elections.
Nomination forms are due to Mr. Sczepanski on Wednesday, April 26. Please see Mr. Sczepanski, Mr. Hank or Mr. Zavitz with any questions.
Students with special dietary needs may email Ms. Brinson or stop by to see her in the Student Activities office before Friday.
The Yearbook Committee is sponsoring a virtual Easter egg hunt that will run until Friday, April 21st. You will find 10 Easter Egg Posters throughout the school. Scan the QR code on each of the Easter Eggs and answer the questions. Everyone who answers the questions correctly will be entered into a drawing for gift cards. *You will need to download a QR Reader app or you can type in the URL.
- Wednesday, April 26
3:15pm: Boys’ and girls’ golf at Founder’s Park; C baseball at DeLaSalle Athletic Field
3:45pm: Track at DeLaSalle Athletic Field
- Friday, May 5
5:00pm: Boys’ Tennis at Kenwood Tennis Courts
6:00pm: JV and varsity baseball at Parade Stadium
- Kids Fun Run
- Face Painting (w/ Ms. Kiya)
- Giving out Refreshments
- Bounce House Monitor
- Handing out Ice Cream for Beat the Principal
- Water Stations
- Packet Prep 4/26 – After school 2:45pm – 4:30pm
- Volunteer Check-in
- Run Registration help
- Helping direct traffic to finisher events
You will be eligible for Christian Service Hours for helping at this event. If you are interested, please e-mail Ms. Luckett by Friday, April 21.
Click here to sign up for a free bus to and from the event. A bus will leave DLS at 6:30pm sharp and return to De at the end of the fair, 8:30pm.
You may also drive to the fair on your own. Parents and caretakers are welcome to go with you, they can even ride the bus with us. Check in at the table with Ms. Carter and Ms. McAdams when you arrive.
Click here to find a list of participating colleges.