Thursday April 13, 2017 – Holy Thursday
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Strengthen our hands and our wills for love
And for service.
Keep before our eyes the image of your Son,
Who, being God, became a Servant for our sake. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- Period 1: 8:30-9:09
- Liturgy: 9:14-10:10
- Period 2: 10:18:10:54
- Period 3: 10:59-11:35
- Period 4: 11:40-12:16
- Period 5: 12:21-12:57
- Period 6: 1:02-1:38
- Period 7: 1:43-2:19
- Period 8: 2:24-3:00
- 4:15pm: JV softball vs. St. Paul Central @ Dunning Field
- 4:15pm: Varsity softball vs. St. Paul Central @ Dunning Field
In today’s news…
Students are encouraged to bring their bike to school that day and to lock it to a bike rack outside the building. All participants will be required to wear a helmet in order to ride. We will meet in room A206 from 3:15-3:30pm and will ride from 3:30-4:30pm.
The Yearbook Committee is sponsoring a virtual Easter egg hunt that will run until Friday, April 21st. You will find 10 Easter Egg Posters throughout the school. Scan the QR code on each of the Easter Eggs and answer the questions. Everyone who answers the questions correctly will be entered into a drawing for gift cards. *You will need to download a QR Reader app or you can type in the URL.
- Tuesday, April 18
3:00pm: C Softball at DeLaSalle Athletic Field
3:30 pm: JV and varsity softball at Bryn Mawr
- Wednesday, April 26
3:15pm: Boys’ and girls’ golf at Founder’s Park; C baseball at DeLaSalle Athletic Field
3:45pm: Track at DeLaSalle Athletic Field
- Friday, May 5
5:00pm: Boys’ Tennis at Kenwood Tennis Courts
6:00pm: JV and varsity baseball at Parade Stadium
- Attendance is mandatory. If you miss a retreat day, you are required to make up their absence through the guidance of Lasallian Ministry.
- Uniform is required.
- Bring a bag lunch; one beverage will be provided. As you prepare your bag lunch, please do not include any foods that contain nuts or peanut butter of any kind. Please check food labels to ensure the food is not made with or contains any nuts. We ask you to keep this in mind because of a classmate who has a severe food allergy.
- Please leave all books, bags, purses, headphones, iPads, cell phones, etc. at home or school. These items are not allowed on retreat.
- The retreat will run during the school day only. You will check in to first hour for attendance and announcements and will move to the Albers Atrium to board busses.
- Please come with an open and positive attitude and you will have fun.
- Any questions or concerns should be directed to Ms. Hodapp in the Campus Ministry office during your lunch period.
Executive Board nomination forms are now available and due on Wednesday, April 26. Elections for the Executive Board – Student Council president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, and public relations – will be held on Thursday, May 4.
Current 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students interested in serving as a class representative can pick nomination papers starting April 24. Those forms are due May 8, with elections for class representative on May 17.
Please see Mr. Sczepanski, Mr. Hank or Mr. Zavitz with any questions. Nomination forms can be picked up in the Main Office or Room B302.
Students with special dietary needs may email Ms. Brinson or stop by to see her in the Student Activities office before Friday, April 21.
- Kids Fun Run
- Face Painting (w/ Ms. Kiya)
- Giving out Refreshments
- Bounce House Monitor
- Handing out Ice Cream for Beat the Principal
- Water Stations
- Packet Prep 4/26 – After school 2:45pm – 4:30pm
- Volunteer Check-in
- Run Registration help
- Helping direct traffic to finisher events
You will be eligible for Christian Service Hours for helping at this event. If you are interested, please e-mail Ms. Luckett by Friday, April 21.
Also, there are two service immersion trips being offered by DeLaSalle
Click here to sign up for a free bus to and from the event. A bus will leave DLS at 6:30pm sharp and return to De at the end of the fair, 8:30pm.
You may also drive to the fair on your own. Parents and caretakers are welcome to go with you, they can even ride the bus with us. Check in at the table with Ms. Carter and Ms. McAdams when you arrive.
Click here to find a list of participating colleges.