Monday February 27, 2017
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Grant me this day, O God, the heart of a child,
Pure and transparent as a spring;
A simple heart, which never harbors sorrows;
A heart glorious in self-giving,
tender in compassion;
A heart faithful and generous,
which will never forget any good
or bear a grudge for any evil. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
In today’s news…
During this season we will be encouraging students to pray, fast and give alms, the three main tenets of Lent.
- PRAY: The DLS community is invited to attend prayer in the “Upper Room” (school chapel) every Monday, March 6, 13, 20, April 3, 10 from 7:45-8:00am. Everyone is welcome. (students, staff, parents, trustees) Take time out of your busy day to come to the school chapel to pray. Submit prayers in the many prayer boxes located around the school for our Parents in Prayer group.
- FAST: Fasting can take on many forms, disciplines and definitions and you may choose to fast in whatever way is helpful for you to develop and grow your relationship with God. Try fasting by choosing to not eat between meals. Try fasting by sacrificing your morning latte for a week. Try fasting by turning off electronics for one night a week.
- GIVE: Almsgiving asks you to give of something until it hurts. Throwing a quarter into the collection basket on the weekend may not be too difficult but, a 10 dollar bill may. Practice almsgiving by sharing your time in service at Catholic Eldercare or a local kids club. Practice almsgiving by cleaning out unused clothing or shoes and donating them to Sharing and Caring Hands. Practice almsgiving by taking time to sit and talk with a friend in need.
If you would like to attend, click here to sign up.
- March 7, 7pm-8:30pm: St. John the Baptist Catholic School (Savage)
- March 8, 7pm-8:30pm: Annunciation Catholic School (Minneapolis)
- March 9, 7pm-8:30pm: St. Croix Catholic School (Stillwater)
Please click here to RSVP; free childcare is available, but parents must indicate their need for it on the registration form.
- Summer Opportunity at the College of St. Scholastica
St. Scholastica is hosting their second annual youth theology institute “Sacred Word, Sacred World, Sacred Call.” This camp is an exciting opportunity for young women and men entering grades 9, 10, 11 to ponder life’s big questions in the beauty of Lake Superior and the North Woods. Make lifelong friendships while engaging in service learning and wilderness experiences.
The cost for this camp is $500 but full and partial scholarships are available. The opportunity is July 7-16 and students may earn up to 20 Christian Service hours. Please e-mail Ms. Hodapp for more information
- Summer Opportunity at St. Catherine’s University
St. Kate’s is hosting their second Encuentro week. Encuentro is an exciting opportunity for young women in High School from diverse backgrounds to engage in intercultural dialogue, communal prayer, theological coursework, reflection and local service projects. This FREE camp is a week long camp for young women entering 10th, 11th or 12th grade. It will be held June 25-July 1. During the week the young women will have the experience of living on a college campus – dorms, campus dining, meeting new people. DeLaSalle students can earn up to 20 Christian Service Hours for their participation. Click here to register. You may see Ms. Hodapp or Ms. Halbach with questions.