Tuesday January 31, 2017
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Christ our Teacher,
You dwell deep within each of our students:
In those who struggle academically,
and in those who excel;
In those who seek attention by acting out,
and in those who remain silent and try to hide from noitce;
In those surrounded by friends,
and in those feeling lonely;
Give us the grace to know your presence in each of them and respond to their needs as you would to ours.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
- 4:15pm: Girls’ C basketball vs. Concordia Academy @ DeLaSalle
- 5:30pm: Girls’ JV basketball vs. Concordia Academy @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Girls’ varsity basketball vs. Concordia Academy @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Girls’ varsity hockey vs. Minneapolis co-op @ Plymouth Arena
In today’s news…
Out of Uniform
- TODAY: Twin Day – Dress up like your favorite teacher or coach, twin up with your best pals, or dress like your favorite celebrity.
- TOMORROW: Decade Day – Travel back in time and dress in the style of a decade from the 1980’s or earlier.
Other Catholic Schools Week / Winterfest Activities
- Tomorrow, we gather in the Florance Center after 1st hour for our Catholic Schools Week liturgy. De parent Deb Organ will offer a reflection.
- Powderpuff volleyball is tomorrow after school in the Main Gym. Come will be held after school on Wednesday. Sign up on the sheets posted on the Main Gym doors.
- Come donate blood on Friday. Donation times run from 8:00am-2:00pm in the LL Gray Gym. Donors must be 16 or older. 16-year-old participants must turn in a Parental Permission Form, found in the Main Office, before signing up. Participants ages 17 and up can sign up in the Main Office.
- The “Sadies in the 80s” dance is Saturday from 7:30-11:00pm in the Florance Center. Admission is $6 (or $5 with a canned good).Come decked out in your neons and leg warmers!
Please sign up here to let us know you are coming. And stop by Ms. Kocourek or Mrs. Wojda’s room to grab a permission slip and bring it to the event. We are still deciding if we will stay for the talk, and then go out for pizza, or if we will go out for pizza right after Mass. Indicate your preference on the sign-up form.
DeLaSalle provides transportation to the Mass. We’ll leave from the De parking lot at 4:30pm and stop at St. Mark’s Catholic Church in St. Paul at 4:50pm to pick up any students waiting there.