Wednesday January 25, 2017
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Lord, give me the grace to embody love for others in spite of what they say or do, and to express the sacrificial love of Jesus by treating others in the way Jesus treated me. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
On today’s calendar…
In today’s news…
- Attendance is mandatory. If you miss a retreat day, you are required to make up the retreat through the guidance of the Lasallian Ministry office.
- Service is the theme so you may come out of uniform, however, you must be in clothes in which you can work and must follow out of uniform guidelines. (no exposed bellies, no skirts, no short shorts, etc.)
- ABSOLUTELY NO open toe or open back shoes or boots are allowed. This is a requirement of the service sites. You MUST wear tennis shoes.
- ABSOLUTELY NO jewelry may be worn
- Bring a bag lunch, water or juice will be provided. No microwaves available.
- Leave all books, iPads, bags, purses, headphones, cell phones, etc. at home or school. These items are not allowed on retreat.
- The retreat will run during the school day only. You will check in to first hour for attendance and announcements and will move to the Florance Center for the start of the day
- Please come with an open and positive attitude and you will have fun.
- Any questions or concerns should be directed to Ms. Hodapp in the Lasallian Ministry office during your lunch period.
Shakespeare’s tragedy is presented in a brisk one act capturing the intrigue, plotting and revenge. Additionally, students will present a musical number from DeLaSalle Theatre’s upcoming winter musical “Urinetown.”
Please sign up here to let us know you are coming. And stop by Ms. Kocourek or Mrs. Wojda’s room to grab a permission slip and bring it to the event. We are still deciding if we will stay for the talk, and then go out for pizza, or if we will go out for pizza right after Mass. Indicate your preference on the sign-up form.
DeLaSalle provides transportation to the Mass. We’ll leave from the De parking lot at 4:30pm and stop at St. Mark’s Catholic Church in St. Paul at 4:50pm to pick up any students waiting there.
We will conduct surveys Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 4:30-7:30pm between January 30-February 2, Feb. 6-9, and Feb. 13-16. Volunteers do not need to participate every evening and can choose which dates will work with their schedules. Contact Kathie Prieve at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-843-2201 if interested.
We will provide refreshments and snacks for volunteers.