Thursday October 13, 2016
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
God, give me always a thankful sense of the blessings in which I live, of the many comforts of my lot. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us. Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
-12:00-1:00pm: Luther College
-10:55-11:55am: Washington University
-10:10-11:10am: Seattle University
- 4:15pm: 9 gold volleyball vs. Visitation @ DeLaSalle
- 4:15pm: C volleyball vs. Visitation @ DeLaSalle
- 4:30pm: 9A football @ Armstrong
- 5:00pm: Boys’ varsity soccer sections vs. Edison @ DeLaSalle
- 5:30pm: Girls’ varsity and JV swimming and diving vs. Breck @ St. Anthony
- 5:30pm: JV volleyball vs. Visitation @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Girls’ varsity soccer sections vs. St. Paul Harding @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Varsity volleyball vs. Visitation @ DeLaSalle
- The Cookie Cart
- PPL Pride for People Living
- ACES *Athletes Committed to Educating Students*
- Red Cross MN
- Sierra club
- People Serving People Minneapolis
- Aliveness Project
- Catholic Charities Twin Cities
Please make the most of this great opportunity.
This information will be emailed to all students, and posted in various locations in the building. ALL STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING THEIR ROOM ASSIGNMENT.
The DeLaSalle Cafe will serve breakfast on Wednesday. All students must be in their testing locations promptly at 8:30am. The Cafe will not offer lunch service on Wednesday.
1. bring 2 #2 pencils
2. bring your calculator with fresh batteries
3. leave your electronics home and if not, TURN THEM OFF
4. eat a good breakfast WITH protein
5. relax do the best you can, knowing you are WAY MORE THAN YOUR TEST SCORE and no colleges will see this score – it’s just practice, but worth putting forth your best effort!
Tryouts are open to all students (boys and girls) and will be held Monday, October 24, from 5:30-8:00pm in the LL Gray Gym. Please wear shorts and a t-shirt, gym shoes and have your hair pulled back out of your face. We will teach you all of the skills you need to know at tryouts – stunting, dance, jumps, and cheer. We want to see any tumbling you have, but you will not be scored on it!
Please fill out the DLS Cheer Registration Form at the back of the DLS Cheer Information Packet and bring it to the LL Gray Gym on the day of tryouts. It must be signed by a parent. If you have questions, please contact head JV Coach, Jessica Luckett,,at 612-676-7687.
The goal of the night is to experience what it might be like to be homeless in the midst of a Minnesota winter as well as create awareness around the topic of homelessness. It is also an opportunity to gather with students from other Lasallian schools. There will be prayer, ice breakers, a soup meal, speakers, activities, and you will be sleeping outside. If you are interested in participating, please e-mail Ms. Hodapp by Tuesday, October 18. The cost of the event and a permission slip will be shared as soon as possible. You may also stop by the Lasallian Ministry office if you have questions.