Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Lord, give us strength. Make us people of solidarity, compassion, and unlimited love. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us. Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
Those attending orientation will pay for the tablet insurance plan they selected and pick up the school-issued iPad Air. (Please remember your checkbook and checks may be made payable to DeLaSalle for $50 or $405, depending on the tablet insurance plan that you chose). Families may also deposit lunch money into their child’s account and meet with other important school personnel.
Orientation sessions are scheduled:
- Wednesday, August 10, 10:30am-6:30pm
- Wednesday, August 17, 12:00-8:00pm
Families may not register for a school orientation until they have completed and submitted required back-to-school forms. The primary contact in each household has received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the forms; parents with multiple children will receive a separate email for each child. Families should check their email inbox for the message and may look to a junk or spam folder to see if the message was accidentally sent there.
After the forms are submitted, the primary contact will receive a separate email with a link to register for orientation.
Families must complete and submit required back-to-school forms. The primary contact in each household has received an email from email@example.com with a link to the forms; parents with multiple children will receive a separate email for each child. Families should check their email inbox for the message and may look to a junk or spam folder to see if the message was accidentally sent there.
Pre-registration for New Family Orientation is not required – and, unlike returning families, new families will not receive a separate e-mail with a registration link for August 18.
On August 18, students should check in between 8:00-8:20am. The 9th grade program runs all day, ending at 3:00pm. The transfer students will be dismissed at 12:00 noon. All new students meet new classmates, meet their academic mentor, and then (with a copy of their class schedules in hand) are introduced to teachers and important school personnel as part of a 90-minute tour/building orientation.
- Transfer students meet separately with other transfers (and some returning De students); we will have a continental breakfast meeting to start the transfers program at 8:30am, but we will not serve lunch to the transfers. Again, the transfers are dismissed at 12:00 noon.
- Ninth graders will stay through lunch (provided free on Thursday) and have additional orientation activities in the afternoon designed to help them meet other new ninth grade students. Ninth graders are dismissed at 3:00pm.
Please note these important reminders:
- School bus service is not available on this day. Plan to arrive between 8:00-8:20am. The programs will begin promptly at 8:30am.
- All students are to be in SCHOOL UNIFORM
- TRIA Orthopaedic Center Free Sports Physicals
Wednesday, July 27 & Thursday, August 4, 5:00-8:00pm
TRIA will offer free sports physicals. No appointment necessary. Bring immunization records, if possible.
- Fairview Sports and Orthopedic Care
Offers free physicals throughout July and August
- Athletic Eligibility Meeting
Wednesday, August 10, 7:00pm, DeLaSalle High School
You and your child are strongly encouraged to attend this meeting to learn about eligibility policies of DeLaSalle and the Minnesota State High School League for student-athletes. The meeting will be about 20 minutes. Coaches of fall athletic programs will hold team meetings after. New and transfer students may attend the Athletic Eligibility meeting but will learn even more information about DeLaSalle activities and athletics programs during New Family Orientation on August 18 at 6:30pm.
- First Day of Fall Sports Practices
Monday, August 15
- Essay Workshop
Thursday, August 4, 10:00am-12:00pm
Seniors, gain a fresh and unique approach from a professional writer to make your college essay memorable and sure to stand out to admissions counselors. Come if you have started your essay or are looking for tips.
- Online College Application Workshop
Thursday, August 4, 1:00-3:30pm
Seniors, YES, it is time to get started. YES, you will be happy you did. Discover step-by-step instructions to completing your online college application.
- Coffee with Counseling Staff
Tuesday, August 9, 8:15-9:15am
Parents, meet De’s college counseling staff and get the latest buzz about college planning, including changes to FAFSA.
Permits may paid for by cash or a check payable to DeLaSalle High School.
Please note a permit will not be sold unless the following requirements are met:
- The student is Enrolled at DeLaSalle
- Valid driver’s license
- Registrant must identify the make, model and license plate information for PRIMARY vehicle that will be driven to De
- Fully agree to terms and conditions
- Form of payment (cash / check)
Permits are sold on a first come, first served basis with no saving or reservations allowed. Once the number of available permits are sold, a student may opt to keep his or her information on a waiting list.
Please note that parking at DeLaSalle is a PRIVILEGE and is a contract between DeLaSalle HS and the STUDENT purchasing the parking permit. Every attempt should be made for the STUDENT to arrive in person to purchase their parking permit. For each permit sold, a confirmation email will be sent to the STUDENT that will include the Terms and Conditions that have been agreed to. As noted in said confirmation, failure to comply can result in one or a combination of revocation of permit, application of a restrictive boot, and towing of vehicle – not necessarily in that order.
- For those students residing in Minneapolis who requested busing as part of 2016-17 registration, Minneapolis & Suburban/Monarch Bus Company began mailing postcards on August 1 with the route and stop information.
- For those students residing in St. Paul and suburbs who have requested transportation through DeLaSalle, route information will be emailed directly to students / families prior to August 15.
Questions? Please contact Brooks Shelstad at 612.676.7614.
- Wednesday August 10, 9:30am-6:30pm
- Monday, August 15, 12:00-4:00pm
- Wednesday, August 17, 11:00am-9:00pm
- Thursday, August 18, 8:00am-1:00pm and 2:00-6:00pm
The School Store’s regular hours during the school year will be announced in August.
As always, you may schedule an appointment with the School Store. Please contact Douge Schildgen at 612.859.5652.
- Pens and pencils
School Supply Reminders
Students in Algebra 1 and Geometry should have a scientific calculator. Students in Algebra 2, Precalculus, Statistics, and all Calculus classes should have a graphing calculator. Note: Casio graphing calculators are not recommended.
Each teacher and course may have specific requests for school supplies. Students will hear about this on the first day of classes.
The School Store will again sell draw-string bookbags this year that are the only approved bag for carrying items during the school day. Backpacks are to be used only to carry items from home to school and back.