Thursday, February 11, 2016 – Ash Wednesday
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
I am one with my father and the universe.
I am one with mother earth.
I am one with everyone within the reach of my voice.
And, in this togetherness, we ask the divine intelligence to eradicate all
negatives from our hearts, from our minds,
from our words, and from our actions.
And, so be it.
-babatunde olatunji – 1927-2003
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us. Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
- Period 1: 8:30-9:14
- Grade level meetings: 9:19-9:38
- Period 2: 9:43-10:24
- Period 3: 10:29-11:10
- Period 4: 11:15-11:56
- Period 5: 12:01-12:42
- Period 6: 12:47-1:28
- Period 7: 1:33-2:14
- Period 8: 2:19-3:00
-12:40-1:20pm: The Kings College
- 4:15pm: Girls’ C basketball vs. Fridley @ DeLaSalle
- 4:30pm: Boys’ JV basketball @ Fridley
- 4:30pm: Boys’ C basketball @ Fridley
- 5:30pm: Girls’ JV basketball vs. Fridley @ DeLaSalle
- 6:00pm: Boys’ varsity basketball @ Fridley
- 7:00pm: Girls’ varsity basketball vs. Fridley @ DeLaSalle
Grade level meetings will be held in the…
- Florance Center for 9th graders
- LL Gray Gym for 10th graders
- Main Gym for 11th graders
- A219 (former Robert Casanova Room) for 12th graders
FAST: Fasting can take on many forms, disciplines and definitions and you may choose to fast in whatever way is helpful for you to develop and grow your relationship with God. Try fasting by choosing to not eat between meals. Try fasting by sacrificing your morning latte for a week. Try fasting by turning off electronics for one night a week.
GIVE: Almsgiving asks you to give of something until it hurts. Throwing a quarter into the collection basket on the weekend may not be too difficult but, a 10 dollar bill may. Practice almsgiving by sharing your time in service at Catholic Eldercare or a local kids club. Practice almsgiving by cleaning out unused clothing or shoes and donating them to Sharing and Caring Hands. Practice almsgiving by taking time to sit and talk with a friend in need.
Shifts are available from 4:15-6:15pm and from 6:15-9:15pm. Interested? Email Mary Bulthaus.