Learning at DeLaSalle does not stop just because students cannot physically attend school. Instead, through the Canvas learning management software, teachers and students are able to continue lessons that normally would occur in a classroom setting.
DeLaSalle will hold an online learning drill day on Tuesday, October 27 – the day immediately following our fall Open House for Prospective Students and Families. On this day – as on any online learning day – students do not need to physically report to school but are expected to check Canvas and other learning tools as teachers will assign work.
Please note these online learning day expectations:
- Teachers are expected to share their learning activity by 9:00am.
- Teachers will communicate their office hours to their students. They will do so through Canvas.
- Students can expect 20-30 minutes of activities for each class. The type of activity will vary from course to course.
- Students are responsible for due dates as communicated within the activity.
- If a student does not have access to the internet at home, it is their responsibility to check in with their teachers at the beginning of each semester to decide on an alternative method. Please note that Canvas has an iOS and an Android app which works well on smartphones. This free app will help you to continue some of the classwork on a mobile data network.
This online learning day helps us practice how learning will occur should DeLaSalle have to have to implement an alternative school day in the winter due to inclement weather.