Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
In that which we share, let us see the common prayer of humanity. In that which we differ, let us wonder at the freedom of humankind. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us. Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
- 4:15pm: C volleyball vs. Fridley @ DeLaSalle
- 5:00pm: Varsity football sections @ Highland Park
- 5:30pm: Girls’ swimming & diving @ St. Anthony
- 5:30pm: JV volleyball vs. Fridley @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Varsity volleyball vs. Fridley @ DeLaSalle
-9:22-10:06: St. Mary’s College,
-10:30-11:00am: Catholic University of America
-11:30am-12:15pm: Bemidji State University
-1:00-1:30pm: St. Michael’s College
-2:00-3:00pm: Kansas State University
-12:00-12:45pm: Georgetown University
Today features a variety of classroom presentations for students in each grade level. On Friday, we gather in the Florance Center after 1st hour for a multicultural celebration, in which cultures are shared through music, dance, drumming and more. Some of the acts include Hmong Dancing, A Cappella Choir, Irish Dance, Spoken WordColumbian Dance, Onyx Step Team
Wristbands will be sold for $1 during lunches today and for $2 before school tomorrow. You MUST wear this wristband in order to come to school out of uniform. Please see the guidelines for out of uniform day in the student handbook.
Text message alerts will not replace the recorded phone calls or email messages that you have and will continue to receive from the school. Instead, the text messages offer DeLaSalle another way to communicate with parents in a timely manner. Please contact communications director Matt Lehman with any additional questions.
Seniors, consider attending the Wednesday evening session from 4:30-8:00pm if you still want to look at colleges and/or touch base with some admissions counselors.
Juniors, you will go to the college fair as a class on Thursday. Remember, you must be dressed in your school uniform and should bring a coat. Please register for the fair before you go, directions are posted in your Social Studies classroom. Do a college search on Naviance or at least have a good idea of some colleges you would like to see at the fair. On Thursday, you will check in with your first hour teacher. Know what bus you ride; this will be announced again in your Social Studies class.
This update must be done at home as it cannot be performed at school and requires at least 1.1GB of storage. If your iPad does not have at least 1.1GB of space, you must delete personal apps first. If you still need storage after your personal apps are deleted, please contact email@example.com or stop by the LTC and they will instruct you on the next step. Before you update, make sure your device is backed up to your iCloud. To watch videos on how to update your device or back it up to iCloud, please visit the Student Technology Help page on Canvas.
- A couple of students are still needed to greet guests attending the Dartmouth College Information Night tomorrow from 6:30-9:00pm. Sign-up via Naivance: DartmouthCollegeHosts. This is a great opportunity to earn Christian Service hours and discover more about Dartmouth! If you have questions, please contact Ms. Carter.
- And, Lasallian Ministry is sponsoring two opportunities on Wednesday, October 28 and Wednesday, November 4 immediately after school to assist elderly people with yard work and house chores. The time is 3:15-5:15pm. Please e-mail Ms. Hodapp if you are interested in either or both days.
Tryouts are open to all 9th-12th graders and will be held in the LL Gray Gym. Please wear shorts and a t-shirt, gym shoes and have your hair pulled back. We will teach you all of the skills you need to know. Even if you are unsure, come and check it out anyway!