Monday, August 31, 2015
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
God, help me approach this new week with a fresh start. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us. Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
- 4:00pm: Girls’ varsity tennis vs. Patrick Henry @ Webber Park
- 4:30pm: Girls’ JV soccer @ Tartan
- 4:30pm: Girls’ B soccer @ Tartan
- 7:00pm: Girls’ varsity soccer @ Tartan
- This event is typically well attended and we invite you to check in at Albers Atrium between 5:30-6:00pm. You may park in the school parking lots. Overflow pay parking is available in the St. Anthony Falls parking ramp at the corner of 2nd Ave. & 2nd St. SE. You may ride a free shuttle between the parking ramp and the school before and after the event.
- To help your child’s academic mentor better understand your child and your family, please complete this Parent Mentor Survey. You may download the document to your personal computer. Click on the document link, then click on File, select “Download As”, and choose “Microsoft Word”. You may complete the form and either email it to your child’s academic mentor or print it and bring it with
you to the mentor meeting on Wednesday. Blank copies will also be available on Wednesday evening.
Students: If you are not involved in an after school activity on Wednesday, please, leave campus immediately after school so we can get the school ready for our guests.
Please check in to your class for attendance and then report to the LL Gray Gym.
- 12th Grade – Period 2 (9:25-9:55)
- 11th grade – Period 3 (10:15-10:45)
- 10th grade – Period 7 (1:30-2:00)
- 9th Grade – Period 8 (2:20-2:50)
You don’t need to prepare, you’ll be auditioning with provided materials. All experience levels are encouraged to audition. We’re looking for performers of all kinds: dancers, singers, musicians.
A note on both shows: Where the Wild Things Are is a ensemble created show and will be created by the students cast. The production will be performed October 22-24 at the Phoenix Theatre in Uptown Minneapolis.
The Once and Future King, the story of King Arthur, will be in the round and involved stage combat. The performance is scheduled November 13-14 and 19-21.
Weebly will delete all websites from the NHD Website Editor from last year on September 1. Students have two options if they want to save their websites:
- Students can sign in to their accounts on NHD Weebly and will be prompted to convert by the September 1 deadline and save their site to Weebly with a free month of Pro Features.
- Students can also save their website to a zip file.
This is not required – you only need to do this if you want to save the website you created last year for History Day. Talk to Mr. Marrin or Ms. Hank if you have any questions.