Wednesday, May 13, 2015 – Seniors’ Last Full Day of Classes
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
God, we offer our thanks today for seniors on their last full day of classes. Give them the courage to finish the school year well and the knowledge that You are ever present on their life journey. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us. Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
- 4:00pm: Track & field section championship @ Minnehaha Academy (North Campus)
- 4:30pm: C baseball @ Blaine
- Arriving to school and class on time is just as important now as it was in the beginning of the school year. When the bell rings, you should be in class, prepared to learn. Remember that finals are right around the corner and you want to be at your academic best!
- Let’s stay aware of our uniform appearance and keep it sharp.
- Keep your shirt tucked in.
- With the nicer weather, don’t forget the shoe policy. No sandals or slippers style shoes. Shoes must cover the entire foot and meet color standards.
- Skirts, shorts, and pants must not be rolled at the waist or hems.
- Pants must be solid black or khaki/tan and are to be full leg length, with inset pockets. No cargo pants, skinny leg pants, or jean style khakis.
- Students not in proper uniform may be asked to change into an item from the loaner closet.
- The end of the school year can be stressful if not managed.
- Get plenty of rest, eat breakfast, and take care of yourself. You need to be at your best each school day.
- Reach out for support if you need to. Teachers, counselors, mentors, friends, etc.
- Maintain your academic discipline, remember that you are almost finished with this school year and want to see success from all the hard work you have provided all year.
- It’s alright to feel ready to end the school year, but we aren’t done yet, so hang in there and finish strong! Pay attention in your classes and give your best efforts!
- At 3:30 when the bells ring, if you are remaining on campus and not in activities you must be in a supervised area: the Islander Commons (Casanova Room), library, or in a classroom getting help, or in a supervised activity.
- Roaming around the island before or after school, especially near railroad tracks and the river, is not permitted and is a serious safety concern. Students found trespassing on the tracks or around the island are subject to school consequences.
- All students must plan to leave campus by 6pm each school day, unless otherwise noted, or you are in an approved school activity. Please make appropriate transportation arrangements.
- AP English Language (LL Gray Gym). This test starts at 8:30am.
Hallway Closings: The hallway leading to the LL Gray gym will be closed all day until testing concludes around 12:15pm. Students may not use the drinking fountain in that area unless they are in gym class.
This test concludes AP testing for this spring. However, any student who was ill or missed any AP exam due to other circumstances and wishes to take an AP exam during the late testing period should check in with Ms. Carter ASAP in order to confirm that a test can and will be ordered for you. Please check in with Ms. Carter even if you have already spoken to her to confirm that the correct tests are being ordered.
Seniors will take finals in periods 1-4 tomorrow and attend classes periods 5-8. There will be time during your 8th hour class tomorrow to clean out your school locker. On Friday, seniors are excused from periods 1-4 and will have finals periods 5-8.
Sports Locker Cleanout
if you are not in a spring sport and you have not cleaned out your locker in the boys/girls locker room, please do so by Thursday! All items will be removed and donated at the end of the school year.
All seniors are required to go through the end of the year iPad checkout process in the LL Gray Gym on Friday, May 15 between 3:00-4:30pm, even if they are purchasing their iPads. Students may turn in their iPad early to the LTC Help Desk during lunch on Friday, May 15 if they no longer need it for testing during periods after lunch. Students must allow at least 15 minutes for the iPad return process. Seniors, you must sign out of your iCloud account before handing in your device on Friday, May 15. If you do not remember your iCloud password, please click here to reset it.
Students Purchasing Their Device
Students who are purchasing their device must bring their device to the checkout process and go through the required steps. Until this happens, their device will not be taken out of the Mobile Device Management and still be under DeLaSalle’s control.
Students Not Purchasing Their Device
Students who are not purchasing their device must turn in their school issued iPad with the school issued iPad case, power adapter, and power/sync cable. The iPad Return Checklist must be completed, signed by a parent/guardian, and turned in with the iPad on Friday, May 15. It is important to note that you will be charged the deductible/repair cost for broken devices as well as replacement cost for any missing items. Families that chose the Deposit Protection Plan will be charged for all damages to the iPad and accessories not covered under warranty.
Yearbooks will be distributed at the Farewell Bonfire. If you ordered a yearbook, you can pick it up at the Bonfire but no earlier. If you have yet to order a yearbook, you are in luck as some yearbooks are still available. Please see Ms Beckman in the LTC for an order form.
See Ms. Weeks or Mr. Zavitz with any questions about the elections process or student council requirements.
WE Day 2015 will be Tuesday, November 3 and is a day full of speakers, performances, games, and networking all to celebrate community service. Thousands of high schools gather at the excel center for this event. Last years performers at WE Day Minnesota included the Jonas Brothers, Carly Rae Jepsen, and Fifth Harmony from America’s Got Talent. Some of the speakers included Martin Luther King III, Her Majesty Queen Noor of Jordan, Debby Ryan, Molly Burke, and Spencer West.
If you are interested in becoming a Giving Tree scholar and getting a ticket to this day away from school to celebrate service next school year contact Mr. C.J. Hallman by Monday, June 1. Limited tickets available.