Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Lord, today I will find my delight in You. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us. Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
- 1:00pm: Track & field conference championship @ Macalester College
- 3:30pm: Boys’ varsity golf vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Braemer Golf Course
- 3:30pm: Boys’ JV golf vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Braemer Golf Course
- 4:00pm: JV baseball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Donaldson Park
- 4:00pm: Varsity softball vs. Concordia Academy @ Bryn Mawr
- 4:00pm: JV softball vs. Concordia Academy @ Bryn Mawr
- 4:30pm: C baseball @ Academy of Holy Angels
- 4:30pm: Varsity baseball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Donaldson Park
- 4:30pm: C softball vs. St. Paul Harding @ Eastview Field
- 5:30pm: Girls’ varsity lacrosse vs. St. Paul Bobcats @ Minnehaha Academy North Campus
- 6:00pm: Boys’ varsity lacrosse vs. Washburn @ Minnehaha Academy South Campus
- Arriving to school and class on time is just as important now as it was in the beginning of the school year. When the bell rings, you should be in class, prepared to learn. Remember that finals are right around the corner and you want to be at your academic best!
- Let’s stay aware of our uniform appearance and keep it sharp.
- Keep your shirt tucked in.
- With the nicer weather, don’t forget the shoe policy. No sandals or slippers style shoes. Shoes must cover the entire foot and meet color standards.
- Skirts, shorts, and pants must not be rolled at the waist or hems.
- Pants must be solid black or khaki/tan and are to be full leg length, with inset pockets. No cargo pants, skinny leg pants, or jean style khakis.
- Students not in proper uniform may be asked to change into an item from the loaner closet.
- The end of the school year can be stressful if not managed.
- Get plenty of rest, eat breakfast, and take care of yourself. You need to be at your best each school day.
- Reach out for support if you need to. Teachers, counselors, mentors, friends, etc.
- Maintain your academic discipline, remember that you are almost finished with this school year and want to see success from all the hard work you have provided all year.
- It’s alright to feel ready to end the school year, but we aren’t done yet, so hang in there and finish strong! Pay attention in your classes and give your best efforts!
- At 3:30 when the bells ring, if you are remaining on campus and not in activities you must be in a supervised area: the Islander Commons (Casanova Room), library, or in a classroom getting help, or in a supervised activity.
- Roaming around the island before or after school, especially near railroad tracks and the river, is not permitted and is a serious safety concern. Students found trespassing on the tracks or around the island are subject to school consequences.
- All students must plan to leave campus by 6pm each school day, unless otherwise noted, or you are in an approved school activity. Please make appropriate transportation arrangements.
See Ms. Weeks or Mr. Zavitz with any questions about the elections process or student council requirements.
- AP US Government (LL Gray Gym). This test starts at 8:30am.
Hallway Closings: The hallway leading to the LL Gray gym will be closed all day until testing concludes around 11:30am. Students may not use the drinking fountain in that area unless they are in gym class.
Tomorrow’s test: Tomorrow’s test is AP English Language, located in the LL Gray gym. Testers should report to the LL Gray gym beginning at 8:10am. This test is the last AP test this spring.