Friday, January 30, 2015
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
May we work together to ensure that each individual and every family have enough food to sustain health and have access to pure water to ensure wholesome living. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us. Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
(Don’t forget to donate toward the H2O for Life collection for a well in Nicaragua – read more below…)
- 4:15pm: Boys’ C basketball vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ DeLaSalle
- 4:15pm: Girls’ C basketball @ St. Croix Lutheran
- 5:30pm: Boys’ JV basketball vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ DeLaSalle
- 5:30pm: Girls’ JV basketball @ St. Croix Lutheran
- 7:00pm: Boys’ varsity basketball vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Girls’ varsity basketball @ St. Croix Lutheran
Today’s out of uniform day is Islander spirit day. Show off that Islander pride! Students may wear any DeLaSalle apparel, black and gold/yellow, or Hawaiian shirts and shorts. Get into the Islander Spirit!
Catholic Schools Week
Today, we wrap up our collection effort to raise money through our H2O for Life initiative for a water well for a school in Nicaragua. Remember, our goal is to raise $2,000 so we can have a late start before the end of the school year. We have raised $588 so far this week!
Remember, the goal is to have the LEAST amount of money in your grade’s collection jar in the Florance Center. You can donate during lunches today. The juniors had been in the lead with the least amount of money but they are now in last place. The grade with the least amount of money wins an out of uniform day next month.
Thank you for your generosity!
Sadie Hawkins Dance Tomorrow
Whip out those flannel T-shirts, cowgirl boots, cowboy hats, and jeans. It’s time for a good ol’ fashioned country-western get-together! Tomorrow from 7:30-10:30pm. Tickets cost $7 or $6 with a canned good. Mosey on down to the Florance Center for a fun night of dancing. Now remember, girls, it’s your turn to ask the guys to the dance (or just come with your friends). Have fun!
Because the earth is a closed system, the same water has existed on earth since its onset!
There are 326 cubic miles of water on earth!
Now you know…
Students who are interested in participating in the trip need to:
- Complete the online application (You must be logged into your Students Apps account to access the form)
- Pick up a parent permission slip and return it to Ms Beckman in the Library and Technology Center
- Ask three staff members to complete an online staff recommendation for you. (http://bit.ly/15L4HVc)
All application material must be submitted and turned in by 4:00pm on Friday, February 6. If you have any questions please visit the Service Trip Webpage or talk with Ms Beckman.